1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips Case for Galaxy Note

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

The case on my Note 1 is looking a bit tatty. I would like to find one that replaces the back, like the Samsung original case. I have not heard good things about the original case though with people saying that it peels apart quickly. Does anyone have one and are they any good? Or does anyone know of one which replaces the back? Ideally I'd like one which also turns in to a stand but that's not so important.

Advertisement
  2. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

I persuaded my wife to get me this one for Christmas (in red for my white Note):

Zenus Galaxy Note Masstige Neo Block Folio - Galaxy Note - Androids

It's really good - very protective and with great stitching so I doubt it will ever start to fray at the edges. It also has a clever stand arrangement that uses a friction pad so you can adjust the angle of view very precisely. There are no magnets to confuse your Note's compass, either. I was a bit dubious about the elastic clasp with a leather tab, but it works fine.

I used to have a cheaper one - I posted details and photos last year here:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note/498014-what-case-do-you-use.html#post4309561

That one eventually did fray at the edges. My new one is much heavier duty and I am confident it will last as long as the phone.

Ian
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  3. Pinmac1

I bought the one you posted last year and thought it was very good. As I said it is starting to fray but I would be happy to get another at the price but it doesn't seem to be available any more. The one you link to above looks as though it is a bit chunky?
    On a closer look at the original Samsung case I have realised that the edges and, especially, the corners aren't protected at all and I suppose that would be the same for any back-replacement type.
  4. ifb-online

The Zenus case is much more solid and certainly protects better than the old one and of course it stays shut when you want it to. Yes it is a little heavier and thicker but it still fits fine in a jeans pocket.

Ian
  5. jinntonic

jinntonic Member

I have the Samsung case, I swap my cases around depending on what I'm doing. I paid about £4 for it several months ago and it's still going strong. I dropped my note down a flight of wooden stairs with the case on. It fell off the back as it tumbled down the stairs but the note remained in perfect condition, maybe I was lucky but this phone is tougher than it looks :)
  6. Pinmac1

Think I'll hang on a little while yet to my current case as I can't see anything I really like.
  7. Crewmeal

Crewmeal Active Member

The orange Samsung case was a rip off at CPW so I bought it off E Bay for half the price. Eight months down the line it looks tatty and dirty with the edges peeling. Not best pleased as it seems Samsung only do this case. I bought some cheap cases at around
  8. richard257

richard257 Member

9. ifb-online

For me at least this type of case is a non-starter as there is no protection for the screen. I refuse to sully the beautiful Note screen with stick-on protectors and these don't offer much impact protection anyway.
  10. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

I use a cheap gel case with no protection for the screen other than common sense and care. After 16 months my screen remains unmarked. The gel case adds a grippy feel, which means little risk of dropping it, which is a concern I had based on the bare Note's somewhat slippery feel and the main reason I got a case at all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FoneM8®-Samsung-Galaxy-Black-Cover/dp/B0065IL20S

[​IMG]

I do have a Samsung flip cover and I can't stand the thing. The cover just gets in the way and if folded back it still feels awkward and obscures the camera. You can't use it with Samsung's own desk and car docks. It's just a horrible form factor - IMHO. :)
  11. ichanged

ichanged Member

Hi. Does anyone know of a case (similar to the one 'ifb-online' posted) which enables phone operation i.e. answering and talking without the front cover flapping around? It would need to have openings cut into the front cover. I'd be very keen on purchasing one. Any links would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  12. ifb-online

@ichanged - if you were referring to my Zenus case then you can talk with the front covering the screen because the mic at the bottom is not obstructed and there is a slot that ensures you can hear the speaker.
    ichanged likes this.
  13. ichanged

ichanged Member

Thanks for that.....Ha!....in the meantime I purchased the same case for my partner and I (she red and I the black) and have downloaded a 'Shake to answer/hang-up' app (which works really well). Just waiting on delivery of the cases now.:)