case for s5 with wireless charging back coverTips

Last Updated:

1. alanbathurst

alanbathurst Active Member

any advice or sugestions for the above please.
    the back cover from samsung for wireless charging is slightly thicker.

2. Xyrax

Xyrax Active Member

I'll be looking for this information as well once I get the black wireless charging cover.
  3. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Me too. Used to have the Otterbox Defender that didn't quite fit. It wouldn't close properly. With the qi cover there's no hope.
  4. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Solved! I ditched the QI cover and installed a QI receiver using the original cover. There is a slight bulge on the battery cover With the receiver installed but the phone still fit inside the Otterbox Defender and the Trident Kraken.
  5. Av8r767

Av8r767 New Member

6. Av8r767

Av8r767 New Member

7. smythcolan

smythcolan Member

I purchased the genuine Samsung sview case with the built in QI receiver, you just remove the back cover and clip the phone into the case so the case back becomes the phones back cover. Works really well, you just have to be precise how you place it on the charging base but you soon get the hang of it.
  8. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member

just got my powerboat charging station and wireless charging receiver that fits on top of my batter underneath the case. you can barely tell that its there and it charges great!! im going to by another charging station for home now
  9. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

I put this one inside the OEM battery cover, never had a problem with it.

As someone mentioned, you have to be fairly precise as to how you place it on the charger pad.

Also, sometimes, the screen has to be Unlocked for it to start charging. but that only started happening AFTER the VZW 4.4.4 update.... what a crock that has turned into.
  10. Xk56gu

Xk56gu Member

Diztronic make one
  11. sulligar

sulligar New Member

AIR PROTECT™ Grip Bumper Protective Case for GALAXY S5 (Belkin)

I purchased this case for my wife's S5 with the charging back installed. It fits like a glove. She had the OtterBox commuter and it didn't fit with the charging back. The bumper case leaves the phone's back exposed while proving excellent drop protection.
  12. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Well-Known Member

I had a Spigen Nevo S5 case before I purchased the wireless back for the S5. Most of the bumper cases seemed less attractive than my old case. I found that if I cut out the back rubber portion of the Spigen Nevo, the case fit perfectly without increasing the bulk and maintaining its great look. Protection remains strong with the adjusted case protecting all the edges as well as preventing surface contact on both the front and back of the S5. If anyone is interested, I can post photos.
  13. larrykay

larrykay Active Member

Yes, please post, I have the "official: charging back, and I always like that case...
  14. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Well-Known Member

Here you go:

Attached Files:

15. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

I just received the Powerbot coil and charger as well. Can't even tell it is installed. My Speck Candyshell Grip case fits perfectly.