• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

case for the Galaxy

I just got a case for my 7500 last week. I had ordered one before this, which was supposedly specifically for the galaxy. It didn't have the cut-out for the light sensor and during calls, I was unable to use the keypad due to it.

I instead searched for a tmobile Behold 2 case which those do happen to have the cut-out for the light sensor. Here is the link:

HARD CASE CLEAR COVER SKIN FOR SAMSUNG T939 BEHOLD 2 - eBay (item 400092040768 end time Apr-14-10 16:53:35 PDT)

It fits way better than the old case and has all the appropriate cut-outs. Here is a picture:

DSC01252.jpg

I also cut the factory screen protector across the top edge of the screen, just as a precaution with the light sensor & dialpad issue. Works great.

Upvote 0
I just received a fantastic hard case. It comes in 2 pieces and clips together. It's very good protection but unlike the silicon and hard see-thru versions, all the buttons and ports are not covered. Here's the image: http://www.jcdshop.com/Hard%20Case/Samsung%20i7500%20Galaxy/Black%20%289%29.jpg. I got it from eBay for less than $10 inc delivery. They got the size slightly wrong and I complained and they then sent me a replacement immediately that was the right size. So they were pretty good to deal with.

Upvote 0
@theredkrawler

i also have the pdair silicone case . . Yeah, its kinda loose but not so loose that it ll fall off while removing it from the pocket. However, this case makes the galaxy looks very bulky :( thats why ordered for the plastic case . . ..

how does the aluminium case from pdair make the phone look, i mean how much bulk does it add to the phone ??

btw, is it worth the cost ?

Upvote 0
how does the aluminium case from pdair make the phone look, i mean how much bulk does it add to the phone ??

I'll take a photo later on of the phone next to the case. Yes, it bulks it up a bit. Personally I like it as it makes it feel far more industrial and robust, and since I carry it in my shirt pocket it doesnt matter as much as if it was in, say, tight jeans.

It also flips open pretty easy (but not easily enough to open on its own) so usually if I plan on writing an epic novel on my phone I flip it open to fully expose the front of the phone. I mentioned somewhere else here that with the hard case on, hitting the furtherest right-hand and left-hand keys is tricky (ie: 'p' and 'delete' on the right, 'q' and 'uppercase toggle' on the left). Just sending an SMS is fine as you work around it easily enough, but making a forum post or sending an email can be frustrating so flipping it open takes it back to as if the case wasnt on at all.

I'd say its probably the same amount of bulk as a silicon case, but since its a hard case its maybe more noticable? It does have a soft inner lining so you get most of the benefits of a silicon case, but being a hard case means that it never falls off / slips off the edges and gives the phone some decent structural strength for if you lean on it or whatever.

Worth the cost? Probably! It was less than half the price to buy it through pdair than to buy the one and only case available locally (Australia - a crappy pleather one at a Chinese junk shop) so to me it definately was.

I refused to buy a 'crysal' case due to every other one I've ever owned being a complete pile of crap, and the leather ones are all very wanky looking and require them to be opened or removed from a pouch to access the phone which I dont like.

Hope ths helps :p

Upvote 0
thanks guys for all the info . . . .

@smiley1960
Bought the same case but a different seller and must say after the disastrous installation of the case on my phone, i ll never again buy a "crystal" case ever... :)

@theredkrawler
Nice description !!! am yet to decide whether to go ahead and buy the aluminium case, so at the moment am stuck with the silicone case :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones