Case for watching moviesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. glengarry

glengarry Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there. I've just taken delivery of an HTC Desire, having moved to Android from an iPhone 3G. Really didn't fancy the iPhone 4 and fell in love with Android when shown it on a friend's HTC.

Anyway, the one thing I can't seem to find is a case that folds into a triangle so I can watch movies. Having installed Rockplayer and looking forward to catching up on a few movies, I'm currently forced to hold the phone at a 45 degree angle. Surely I'm not the first person to want to do this? And yet a search on Google and Ebay (5,177 results and 1 hour later!) I've found zilch.

Be really grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

Not a case but I have one of these,

Amazon.co.uk: seskimo crabble

Bit expensive for what they are,but it holds my phone in my barely there case fine.

3. glengarry

glengarry Member This Topic's Starter

That should do it - exactly what I need (nothing much extra to carry either). Thanks for the tip.

4. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

I've found a 'free' alternative......
    If you know someone with a Nokia 5800, they had a stand which appears better put together than the seskimo crabble version and it came as part of the included accessories, this holds my Desire including the the 'barely there' case and as most 5800's aren't used as a video player or are now not used following upgrade time there should be a few of these going begging.....it locks in the desired viewing position too, rather than relying on the phone to hold it open.

5. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

I use a PG tips monkey, being a kind of bean bag he provides a firm base. His arms and legs provide excellent support for the phone and he looks kinda cute.

Attached Files:

6. BarnumC

BarnumC Well-Known Member