• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Case/Holster Advice

opelikamike

Jun 17, 2010
I just got my DInc. I've had a Treo 755P for 2 years that I kept in a horizontal holster on my belt. Never put the phone in pocket. I used the horizontal layout as vertical was a pain when I sit down. I plan to go with a screen protector (suggestions verizon, Zagg, etc.?) but not a case on the phone as my Treo always seemed well protected in my holster. I never dropped it either or had the holster come off my belt accidentally.

But I know the DInc is a different phone and I don't know whether I would be best served by say a thin silicone case on the phone and then place it in holster for carrying.

Any thoughts?

Mike in AL

Mike,

I think the majority of the screen crack issues, have been on phones with no cases, take that for what it's worth.

I personally haven't dropped my phone, but don't want to either. I don't have insurance on it, and I am in the US Coast Guard, therefore I need some extra protection on it.

I have the VZ case/holster combo, and although nice, I don't think it will protect it as well as the Seidio Rugged I have enroute. With the Rugged the holster locks the phone in place making it impossible (nearly) to remove the phone without unlocking it.

Best of Luck.

Upvote 0
I guess I hadn't thought about the cracking issue as my Treo was thicker and the screen only 1-3/4" square. I'll take a look at the rugged you recommend. I'm not in the conditions you are - mostly office and normal outdoor stuff - but can't be too careful I guess.

BTW, thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate it. Have a son-in-law who's a lt. in the USAF.

Mike

Upvote 0
But I know the DInc is a different phone and I don't know whether I would be best served by say a thin silicone case on the phone and then place it in holster for carrying.

Any thoughts?

Mike in AL

I have never used a skin case before but I will be with this phone. I got the Flexi Skin one because I like it a lot better than the silicone. They are only like $3 on EBay. I actually got a 4 pack for $9.99.

Now I am just looking for a leather case that will support the added thickness of the flexi skin. Most of them seem to fit very snuggly on the bare phone.

Upvote 0
I guess I hadn't thought about the cracking issue as my Treo was thicker and the screen only 1-3/4" square. I'll take a look at the rugged you recommend. I'm not in the conditions you are - mostly office and normal outdoor stuff - but can't be too careful I guess.

BTW, thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate it. Have a son-in-law who's a lt. in the USAF.

Mike

Yea I think the camera might also have something to do with it. Since it sticks out I would think if it hit first it wouldn't have the same weight distribution as the face of the phone.

I think about it is laying on a bed of 1 nail, as opposed to a bed of nails. The one will puncture you, but the bed will distribute.

I just tracked my package for the cases (ordered rugged for me, active for wife's) and will post once I receive them.

Thanks for your Thanks :)D). I enjoy what I do. I'm only an E6, and decided today that I would pursue another deployment if they will have me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones