Case/Holster AdviceAccessories

Last Updated:

1. opelikamike

opelikamike Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my DInc. I've had a Treo 755P for 2 years that I kept in a horizontal holster on my belt. Never put the phone in pocket. I used the horizontal layout as vertical was a pain when I sit down. I plan to go with a screen protector (suggestions verizon, Zagg, etc.?) but not a case on the phone as my Treo always seemed well protected in my holster. I never dropped it either or had the holster come off my belt accidentally.

But I know the DInc is a different phone and I don't know whether I would be best served by say a thin silicone case on the phone and then place it in holster for carrying.

Any thoughts?

Mike in AL

Advertisement
  2. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

Mike,

I think the majority of the screen crack issues, have been on phones with no cases, take that for what it's worth.

I personally haven't dropped my phone, but don't want to either. I don't have insurance on it, and I am in the US Coast Guard, therefore I need some extra protection on it.

I have the VZ case/holster combo, and although nice, I don't think it will protect it as well as the Seidio Rugged I have enroute. With the Rugged the holster locks the phone in place making it impossible (nearly) to remove the phone without unlocking it.

Best of Luck.

3. opelikamike

opelikamike Member This Topic's Starter

I guess I hadn't thought about the cracking issue as my Treo was thicker and the screen only 1-3/4" square. I'll take a look at the rugged you recommend. I'm not in the conditions you are - mostly office and normal outdoor stuff - but can't be too careful I guess.

BTW, thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate it. Have a son-in-law who's a lt. in the USAF.

Mike

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I have never used a skin case before but I will be with this phone. I got the Flexi Skin one because I like it a lot better than the silicone. They are only like $3 on EBay. I actually got a 4 pack for $9.99.

Now I am just looking for a leather case that will support the added thickness of the flexi skin. Most of them seem to fit very snuggly on the bare phone.

5. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

Yea I think the camera might also have something to do with it. Since it sticks out I would think if it hit first it wouldn't have the same weight distribution as the face of the phone.

I think about it is laying on a bed of 1 nail, as opposed to a bed of nails. The one will puncture you, but the bed will distribute.

I just tracked my package for the cases (ordered rugged for me, active for wife's) and will post once I receive them.

Thanks for your Thanks :)D). I enjoy what I do. I'm only an E6, and decided today that I would pursue another deployment if they will have me.