Case / Holster Combo for extended battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use an extended battery. I have the black Verizon case/holster combo (with the plaid design on the back.) The case fits it, but it is tight. It also fits in the holster, but again, very tight. I'd like something that fits the battery better, and is professional-appearing, because of my job. I could modify the holster to fit better, but I'm more worried about the tight-fitting case over the extended battery.

Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. ROB98374

ROB98374 Active Member

3. Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor Well-Known Member

You could also try removing the battery cover, you won't see it anyway.

4. Ebaneezor

Seidio offers a really nice rugged case, I'm getting that one. A bit pricey, but seidio products are worth every dime.

5. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

which one? Can you send the link to it? (And, it for sure works with the extended battery?)

6. Ebaneezor

Innocase Rugged Holster Combo For use with Motorola Droid X

others have tried this one, the fight is tight at first, but after its on all is good. I will probably remove the battery cover to create some more room as it will not be seen anyway. Seidio claims it does not fit the X with OEM extended battery, but I think they have to say that because it was not designed for it, others have tried it and say it works.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-ac...rst-impressions-early-review.html#post1694213
    post 28 - here is 1 example of someone who used it and it worked.

7. SRN

SRN New Member

I also tried using the Vzn holster/case combo with the Droid X and extended battery. The fit was very tight on the phone itself and a very tight fit into the holster. The tight fit around the phone puts pressure on the battery cover, pushing the battery into the back of the phone screen. This causes black "elongated bubbles" to pop up when you touch the screen. Vzn suggested not using the holster/case combo with the extended battery to avoid screen damage. They have no cases they would recommended for the Droid X with the extended battery.

8. cheech4

cheech4 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering too, I'm looking for a case with clip or holster for the Sprint version xprt, Its basically the same as the Verizon but with the extended battery and door. any one find any i really like this phone and i want to put some protection on it.

9. yo9cool

yo9cool New Member

Maybe this is a very late reply but I think there is a VIIA Charge Holster on Newegg that may be an alternative option to your problem.