• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case killing WIFI signal

steeped

Apr 9, 2012
I got one of those rubber/plastic $10 cases for my Amaze. It's decent, but it seems to be killing the WIFI signal. When I am in the same room as my router, the internet works fine, but when I am a few rooms over, I have to take the case off to get a signal.

Does this happen with every case?

Apparently it is possible. With the case on, I have no signal. Once I take the case off, I have a strong and steady 2/4 bars.

Did the issue resolve itself?
The only case that should effect signal is an aluminum case. So a rubber case really shouldnt be a problem to the amaze. I am using the Kraken AMS and its a huge case and i have no problems with losing signal.

Upvote 0
It is possible. I was stuck in a hotel for two weeks recently, the wifi provided was weak in my room and if I removed my incipio silicon case, my connection would improve a bit. Also, if I placed my hand/thumb over the top right edge of the phone my connection would all but disappear. If you have a very good wifi connection it is probably not an issue or noticeable but if you are fighting for a weak connection, it is very noticeable.

Upvote 0
It is possible. I was stuck in a hotel for two weeks recently, the wifi provided was weak in my room and if I removed my incipio silicon case, my connection would improve a bit. Also, if I placed my hand/thumb over the top right edge of the phone my connection would all but disappear. If you have a very good wifi connection it is probably not an issue or noticeable but if you are fighting for a weak connection, it is very noticeable.

That maybe what he experienced. Because i never have problems with wifi, but thats always on my home wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones