• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case or Naked?

Do you keep your phone in a case or keep it naked?

• Case It!

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • Run Free!

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • A Little of Both

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
I'm usually a TPU case guy because I think it adds just enough protection without adding too much bulk (and I'm scared of dropping a $500 piece of technology).

But, I love the feel of a naked device.

And while I know that cases are big-business, I'm wondering how many people actually use them.

It depends on the device.

My old evo 3d, the way the camera sticks out made it feel too weird in which I always kept it wrapped in a commuter.

My gs2, never had it wrapped and liked the way it felt, not slippery.

My gs3 (current) have it wrapped in a defender since I unboxed it, simply too slippery to not have it wrapped up, very easy to drop.

I wish it wasn't so I could actually show off its beautiful design.

Upvote 0
^

I use to love my otterbox defender but damn near impossible to keep the screen protector clean on the inside especially with dirt and dust getting inside.

Retired it for a tpu case that came with my extended battery.

Yeah. I agree. The screen protector is a bitch to clean. Plus it gets these air bubble type marks and it drives me crazy! I love that Case Mate case but so much is exposed and its as slippery as the phone itself. I use it when I'm going out and i *know* I'll be sitting down most of the time so the chances of dropping it are less.

Upvote 0
Yeah. I agree. The screen protector is a bitch to clean. Plus it gets these air bubble type marks and it drives me crazy! I love that Case Mate case but so much is exposed and its as slippery as the phone itself. I use it when I'm going out and i *know* I'll be sitting down most of the time so the chances of dropping it are less.

Since I ordered my zero lemon battery/tpu case, my defender has been sitting in its box fir nearly the past week.

It's a great case, but just the screen protector turned me off.

Upvote 0
It depends on the device. I have a Motorola case/holster for my Razr. I just prefer an external clip to in a pocket. It doesn't add much size to the phone, but does need a seperate screen protection.
On a completely different track, I use my Note 10 with nothing but a screen protector. I do have a small travel pouch that I use when taking it out of the house....still actually use it nekkid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones