case or no case for new nexus 7General

1. Devendra95

Devendra95 Well-Known Member

Can the back of the new nexus 7 be scratched ?
    Also do you guys recommended any cases?

Advertisement
  2. tedpc01

tedpc01 Well-Known Member

I ordered a case that turns into a tripod. Supposed to be here tomorrow or Monday. On;y $8.95 and free shipping!

I'll let you know what I think of it.
    Devendra95 likes this.
  3. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

Poetic makes a couple great cases for the N7. The slimline is my favorite, the cover is similiar to the Apple smart cover and folds to make a stand. It also has a small magnet built into the cover which turns on the N7 when you flip it open.

Cost wide they are under $10.00 at Amazon, plus they also have a 3 year warranty.
    Devendra95 likes this.
  4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member

Cases are a very individual thing, and dependant on what level of protection you are trying to achieve. Here's mine (below). It's not the ultimate in protection, but it does extend out front and rear, so will protect the phone from short drops. The metal bumper give it a whole 'nother look though, and because the buttons are CNC overlayed, not just cutouts exposing the device buttons, it is completely sealed from dust getting in there. The back is a replacement (real) carbon fiber back cover, not a cover. Here are the eBay links where I got mine. If you want the for the bumper and end up buying it somewhere else, be sure you get ones with button overlays. Otherwise the device buttons will be recessed and hard to reach.
    [​IMG]Carbon Fiber Battery Door Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 | eBay
    [​IMG]For Samsung Galaxy S4 s IV Real Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame CAS3 Screen Guard | eBay

[​IMG]

Oops! I own a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy S4. I accidentally posted the S4 in the wrong thread. :eek:
  5. Devendra95

Devendra95 Well-Known Member

Maybe something like a sleeve of some sort.

P.S. the multi touch issues are driving me crazy. Typing this reply alone has been a living hell