1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

case or no case?

1. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member

What do u guys think...I have Sprint's insurance plan ($7 a month plus $100 deductable). I love the phone without a case but currently own the silicone and bodyglove cases plus a screen shield. I would like to use the phone "naked" but I'm worried about dropping the phone and the camera lens scratching or breaking when I put the phone down. What would u guys do?

Advertisement
  2. skipbrown

skipbrown Well-Known Member

If you're so worried about dropping/scratching the phone, why would you wanna go naked?
  3. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member

Um duh!
  4. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

i pay for the insurance just so i wouldn't have to have a case
    RoboMonkey likes this.
  5. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

I have htc's leather carry case from the sprint store. I like my phone naked too. I do have a silicone case when i know im not going to have my leather carry though, just in case.

And like you said, in a worse case scenario, i have sprint's tep. :)
  6. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

You could always buy a screen protector if you are worried about the screen and depending on the drop i've read that some cases didn't protect the screen from shattering. I've got a Seidio innocase so that my phone looks clean and not beat up.
  7. If the phone is dropped without a good case on it you can count on about a 75% chance its going to get damaged. The screen is very delicate and shatters easily in a drop. The camera lens is also very easy to crack.
  8. BlondeeLox

BlondeeLox Active Member

I have the same case and I love it!

There are plenty of cases out there that are sleeker looking if that's what you want. If you don't have a case on your phone the chances of the screen or camera getting scratched I would say is pretty high depending on where you keep your phone. Just get a case.
  9. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I think the phone look good without a case as well but everyone is different so do what works for you.
  10. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member

htc oem leather pouch all the way! cases add too much bulk for me, no matter how thin they are.
  11. garen

garen Member

Real men go naked.
  12. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

I say go naked to me you worry too much. Forget about dropping it and just enjoy eh. Because even with a case it won't protect against water,fire,dropping things on it,leaving your keys in your pocket with it oh there are too many things that can happen then just dropping it. So enjoy it naked and dream of flowers mhmm.
  13. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I got the rugged case value combo so that way I can have different load outs depending on the occasion. For every day use I can go naked with my seidio holster or innocase with holster. For the more active outdoor days I put on the rugged gear and all ports, buttons, and cameras are covered. I also have the steinheil ultra clear screen protector. I like my stuff looking new as long as possible but for the possible disaster scenarios, I have insurance just in case.
  14. nyczducky

nyczducky Active Member

I hope you know the insurance plan is $7 a month but its not like you can just drop your phone and bring it to them and expect a brand new one. If it is your fault and they can't repair it (water damage, cracked screen) they will tell you to go through insurance.

Asurion will have you pay $100 to get a replacement phone provided it is in stock. If not they will send you a NIB.

The only times they will give you a replacement for free is if its something like a factory defect, crappy battery life (2 hours), faulty screen, etc.

If you want to get a new phone, you will need to work some finesse with the techs at the Sprint Store. I can't tell you how (not sure if it violates the Forum TOS) but you can Google how other people dealt with Sprint Repair Techs, CSR on the phone/email and Asurion directly.

Personally I bought the Invisishield Maximum Coverage by Zagg.com and the Seidio Innocase II Surface Case for HTC EVO 4G (Black). Total cost: $50-60.

I'd rather pay $50-60 for a case + full coverage scratch protection than $100 to go through insurance and have to wait for the phone to arrive.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-evo-4g-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OQUKNE/ref=oss_product