Case problem with Car adapter

Last Updated:

1. nanllyn

nanllyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen some threads about cases but I have a different question.
    I bought the pink hard plastic case that Verizon sells. Love the case and it works great with the slider but I have to pry it off (and it is not easy to take off, I'm afraid of it breaking eventually)every time I want to put the Droid in the car adapter for the gps. Any thoughts on a case that would work with the adapter? I want to protect it but as I said it is a hassle to take the case off everytime I want to use it as a gps.
    Thanks for your time guys. Can't wait to hear your opinions as I want to return this before the return policy runs out.
    Nancy

Advertisement
  2. ergodwin

ergodwin New Member

I found the same problem-meaning having to pry the protective case off to get it into the car mount. I do not think this was well thought through. Would be nice if the protector would either slide in or pop in with the peg that is used to mount to the belt clip.

Er

3. keith5885

keith5885 Member

Thought about this and tested it in the store and decided to wait because of it.

You could look into a universal car dock like the ones on Ebay? maybe..

4. REPBRAD

REPBRAD Member

I have two piece case from verizon store. I have become very good at removing back half of case. I have docking station and car adapter.
    PS after market car adapter will not work. Droid knows what it is attached to based on magnets in adapter.