Case questionAccessories

Last Updated:

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I can't decide. I've owned the Otterbox Defender series for my iPhone 3g in the past and loved it. I'd like the same level of protection for my DINC. However, there's not telling what case will be released for the DINC, just that something is coming soon.
    Seidio now has the rugged series which seems nice, but doesn't offer the same level as the defender series, a fully enclosed case.
    Anyone have an idea of Otterbox will release a fully enclosed defender series or something similar to the seidio. Honestly, that seidio rugged line is looking pretty nice as well.

Advertisement
  2. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Nobody knows.

My officemate has the Otterbox Defender for his 3GS and he agreed the Seidio is on par with his case. He does NOT like the layer that goes over the screen because it significantly reduces visibility due to air bubbles. I not sure how you figure that the Rugged doesn't offer the same level of protection as the Defender.

As I've said in other threads, you can get the Seidio and start protecting your phone now? Or wait another XX months to get the Otterbox. If you get the Seidio Rugged Combo, it gives you so many more options.

3. michaelkahl

As for the bubbles with the defender series there are a few things to fix the issue. One was to use a matte-finish screen protector on the phones screen in addition to the one on the otterbox. The other trick was to gently spray a layer of baby powder on the inside of the otterbox screen protector.

The issue with the matte-finish screen is that it kills the Incredible's screen clarity (from my experience with Phantom Skinz). However the baby powder trick takes a few minutes of patience to make sure you have it applied evenly and well enough that you don't see the powder. The iPhone 3g/3gs worked fine with a matte-finish protector because of the lower resolution I assume.

I'm really leaning toward getting the seidio now, if I can keep the wife from killing me.

4. michaelkahl

Ordered the Seidio rugged case, along with the wife's new EnV Touch case (Otterbox Commuter)and wall charger. She lost her charger and trashed her body glove case.

From Amazon, everything with shipping was like $69.99