Case that won't rub off the Teflon coating??

1. brigsteer

brigsteer Active Member

Has anyone found a pouch type case for the Hero that won't damage the teflon coating, and actually fits the phone. I know iPhone cases sort of work until you get to the Hero's chin then the wheels drop off a bit. I am also wondering how bullet proof the teflon coating is.

I know there will be millions of cases coming out when the Hero gets a bit older, but i do like to keep the phone in a pouch whilst it is in my top pocket....no luck yet though. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member

Hi there...from bitter experience I can tell you that the Teflon coating does not like tight pouches. I've had to have my phone replaced, and now I have elected to go for a Flexishield gel-case (no pouch!!), and a screen protector!
  3. brigsteer

brigsteer Active Member

Wow that seems drastic. Is it the Orange titanium graphite version. Hopefully there will be lots of battery backs in all sorts of designs soon, including the titanium ones without the logo.
  4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

The orange graphite phone does not have the Teflon coating.
  5. brigsteer

brigsteer Active Member

oops. Now that explains a few things. No wonder the graphite seems very fragile.
    Thanks for the information...guess who feels stupid now :rolleyes:
  6. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

This case supposedly is awesome:

FlexiShield Skin For The HTC Hero - Clear

Anyone know how to get it in North America. I don't understand online stores that don't ship worldwide..what's the point?
  7. aznfreekx2

aznfreekx2 Member

8. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Hi, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Krussell pouch case for the Hero.

I have had mine for 2 weeks, bought off eBay in the UK & it works brilliantly.
  9. Uranus

Uranus Member

The Flexishield is fantastic. I wholeheartedly reccommend it, its saved my hero from a couple of drops already.

I got the grey coloured one for my Orange Hero (from Mobilefun) and it suits it perfectly. When friends check the phone out for the first time they dont even realise its got a case on it.

I did try that armour screen protector too, wasnt to impressed with that though.
  10. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

If you are going to buy screen protectors then ONLY buy the genuine HTC ones...I tried 2 cheaper versions first off and they were both terrible...lots if bubbles and just looked dredfull...I forked out begrudgingly for the expensive HTC ones but was blown away when they arrived.. perfect fit and goes on great and you cannot tell you've got one on...the screen even feels the same...I woulnt buy any other make now.
  11. steve_f

steve_f Member

What is the point of buying a nice looking phone and sticking it in a case?
  12. ldn-j

ldn-j Well-Known Member

What's the point in getting a nice phone then scratching it to bggry !! Must admit I don't normally walk round holding my phone, but when it comes out of the slipcase nearly everyone says "What's that ? I like the unlock pattern" (mostly iphone users !)
  13. steve_f

steve_f Member

Fair point I suppose. The designers must be weeping though, all the work that went into these devices to make everything small so the device could be slim and beautiful. Then people put them in ugly cases. If you bought a nice car would you cover it in rubber/leather? or a laptop? I have seem people whose devices had become obsolete or have failed outside warranty but they are still nice and scratch-free. What's the point of a dead/obsolete but shiny phone?
  14. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Did the same thing myself bought some cheap rubbish then ended up buying the official HTC screen covers much better.
    :)
  15. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

Ive got a silicon gel skin and a screen cover...the skin hardly adds any thickness to the phone. I personally like to protect the phone because of future resale value...i buy a new phone every year and get the latest thing....in 12 months time if its all bashed up and the screen is scratched to high heaven then its gonna be worth 50 quid....if I protect it then its gonna be worth about 150 cos it'll look almost new.
  16. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

i have that case in black it is nice and quality.
  17. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

I have my protected with a SILICON GEL SKIN which come in all colours so you can change your look depending what mood you are in :)