• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Case that works with Motorola vehicle dock

I'm having the same problem, I'm using the Bell Mobility brand case for it which is basically just a typical sleeve style case and it's a very very tight squeeze. I have to push quite hard on the phone to make it connect enough for the cardock app to activate which probably isn't doing the phone much good

Upvote 0
sorry about that, im gonna copy paste my post from the xda thread:

I got the vehicle dock ($39 shipped from ABT Electronics) based on reviews here saying that it works with the Incipio Feather case. It does fit, but i wasn't 100% happy with they way the top clip was clipping (or not clipping) onto the case. The little plastic lip wont reach over the lip of the case and it clamps to the side of the case, with no contact with the rubber padding strip under there. If you have the dock / case combo, you should know what i am talking about. I decided to dremel out the little lip, now it clamps nicely on the rubber strip, and feels more secure. Here are some pictures of the fit.

Attachments

• dock1.jpg
    dock1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 135
  • dock2.jpg
    dock2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 77
  • dock3.jpg
    dock3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 73
  • dock4.jpg
    dock4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 72
  • dock5.jpg
    dock5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 111
  • dock6.jpg
    dock6.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
thanks Joey, a lot of other people are commenting on the Feather still needing you to push firmly down in order for the cardock app to make a connection and activate. Their concern is mainly that this is causing stress on the phone's usb port. has anyone founf a solution to that problem yet?

from what ive personally examined, there is no 'stress' on the port, it slides in smooth / in line, you just need to press it in all the way. you can compare it to just not having a normal cable not plugged in all the way. i dont know if that makes sense. anyways it still works, and with the lip gone the dock has a better grip on the phone cause there is more friction and a bigger surface area of the actual clamp point (thin lip vs full rubber pad).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones