Case To Use With Extended Battery (3800)Tips

Last Updated:

1. mrcminnesota

mrcminnesota Active Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased an extended battery and wondering if anyone has found a case to use with this phone and the extended battery? Would really like to protect it plus the back that comes with the battery is pretty slippery. Thanks in advance:)

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I haven't found any, I just got my battery in the mail yesterday :D

3. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member

Trexcell makes and extended battery and a tpu case that fits the extended battery. Check amazon for it.

mrcminnesota likes this.
  4. mrcminnesota

I don't find the "case" for trexcell - there is a back but I don't see a separate case?

5. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

6. mrcminnesota

whatitsname - thanks - I already have the case to cover the battery, what I am looking for is a case that fits the phone to protect it as well as so it is not so slippery. I appreciate your time.

7. Brittlespeed

Brittlespeed New Member

How much increase you getting out of the extended battery? I had one on my old EVO 4G and it got to where a stick battery seemed about the same.

Sprint's Epic Touch 4G on Tapatalk

8. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I use my phone normally and have no problem making it through a 16 hour day. I even removed the battery meter from my status bar. I have to say that I am extremely happy with my $20 battery!

I have tested it to see how much life I get with steady usage. Video games, watching videos, web surfing, etc screen on the whole time and it goes down about 10-15% per hour.

9. bdstx4

bdstx4 New Member

Having bought these extended batteries for all my cell phones the last 10+ years, they always come with a new back cover to accommodate the thicker battery. So the selection of case covers becomes limited to zero most times. There are just not enough customers to warrant anyone making a dedicated case for these thick battery/covers. However many of the pouch orienated belt wear cases will accommodate the thick battery/cases. Especially a soft leather one. Only type I have ever found.

10. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

I'm not following you there. That is the case that protects the phone. It's not a battery cover if that's what you mean. It's a tpu case. Look more closely, or maybe i'm not getting what you are looking for.

11. acasalin

acasalin Active Member

Both the mugen extended battery door AND the seidio extended battery door will fit the trexcell extended battery. Both of these doors are much nicer than the trexcell door
    . You can buy the mugen door on ebay for $14.00. I haven't seen the seidio door only on ebay as of yet.

12. MachineGunnWilly

MachineGunnWilly Well-Known Member

I think he was mistaken and didnt notice it was the protective case for the phone :)

13. MachineGunnWilly

PS thank you just bought both the case and battery off Ebay...the battery was onsale for 17.99

14. JaydeEvo

JaydeEvo Well-Known Member

I also have the trexcell extended battery. i did a little modding to a hard gel skin case. By cutting out the back where the extended batter door sticks up, the phone actually becomes pretty flush. most people thing i paid for it that way.

15. MachineGunnWilly

Can ya post of pic of the case?