15 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. Naked

35 vote(s)
    42.7%

Last Updated:

1. nthnkrk

nthnkrk Member This Topic's Starter

After trying a few of the clip on cases, I hated how they ALL affected the smoothness on the slide out keyboard. If you look closely to whats happening, they force the sliding motion to happen at an awkward angle which causes resistance and I am sure is not good over time.

Anyway, after no real satisfaction, I am just going to stick with the verizon screen protector and naked everywhere else.

What has everyone else been doing?

Advertisement
  2. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

I got the BodyGlove but am not happy with it. I ordered a phantom skinz clear skin and I'm getting a holster for when I put the phone in a bag or something (I tend to drop things, holster should help with that).

I agree, the big clunky snap on cases don't do a good job. BodyGloves gets in the way of typing, which is annoying.

3. melmigs

melmigs Well-Known Member

I got a hard silicone case and a pack of screen protectors from the Verizon store when I got the phone. The case I got makes it difficult to type on the physical keyboard (especially with the top row of letters, since the case covers up the small empty space above the top row) and it makes it difficult to press the back, menu, home, and search buttons on the phone. When I'm home I leave the case off (it's usually just sitting on my desk), and when I go out I put it back on (it only takes a few seconds). I really hate leaving it bare because I'm pretty clumsy :p.

4. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

Nekkid baby

5. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

I agree with you guys with the body glove rubberized casing and any other casing for that matter...it looks like about 1mm and when sliding the keyboard out the screen will sit on that body glove casing...

when I get off of work today I am going to take my dremel with a stone grinder and slowly grind down the rubber lip that's on the back part of the body glove casing...if you look closely i will be trimming the tab that rubs against the back of the screen...that's the only part that I can see where the droid is catching the casing and making it lift at such a weird angle...hopefully this helps and i'll keep you guys posted on whether it works or not...

I would like a soft/gel silicone casing instead...those are awesome...

6. nthnkrk

i was just thinking the same thing. I have one of those hard plastic ones from the verizon store. I'll try it on that as well. I think I'm going to go the sand paper route though as i don't want to make it so thin that it could break or crack...then the case would just fall off. We'll see how it goes.

7. thetruth

thetruth Member

I'm using a verizon screen protector and the G1 pouch.

8. Jaxx10

Jaxx10 Well-Known Member

I purchased a clip on clear case itfrom vz ....it works pretty good with the slideou kb...its $19.99 ..it has no belt clip or rubber grip...and no screen protector...I bought mine in clear pink/purple ...they have in solid black, clear blue, and just clear ....

I sill need a case for work..I need a weather resistnt

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I bought the Body Glove from VZW, returned that, then bought a decent Eddie Bauer leather case from BB, returned that (kept enabling docked mode or Car mode) and last night I was at Walmart looking at some Case Logic Cases - for $17 those were not bad at all, none enabled any of the special modes on the DROID....

And it looks like the local BB is never going to have hte IS in - third time this week I ahve checked with them - no go. Time to buy it myself and apply it myself, eh?

10. nthnkrk

in an attempt to make the little clips that actually hold the plastic clip-on cases to the phone thinner, I actually broke one of the clips. Upon further review (of the remaining ones) they are pretty much as thin as they can get already.

It may just be the slider style of the phone, but clip on cases just don't sit well with me. This is mainly due to the fact that they inhibit the sliding of the keyboard in and out to work properly. The gap in between the two moving parts is temporarily made bigger so that the phone can overcome the clips that hold the case on. This seems like a pretty terrible idea in the long run...no thanks.

11. nthnkrk

T0LLPHR33,

any luck with drilling down the body glove case?

12. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

I'm sporting a holster, Droid + screen protector.

13. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

Have you seen the key scratching test on the Droid? We've got an amazingly scratch proof screen!

Therefore Naked = Sexy

Now when they come out with a matte, anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector, I'll consider.

14. AmberLi

AmberLi Member

I bought the phantomskin but it just arrived in the mail today. I also bought a clip on plastic case from ebay.

Either way, I'm waiting until I resolve the issue with muting myself on a call before I protect this particular phone! :mad:

I bought the screen protectors from the vzw store, but got a ton of dust on the first one, and somehow lost the other 2...

So currently naked, but I put it in a microfiber bag.

Therefore, my answer is A LITTLE BIT OF ALL OF THEM! :D

15. ViciousDelicious

ViciousDelicious Member

I did vote for holster, but what I have is a pouch, and i love it.
    It has 1 side pocket good for spare change/small bluetooth headset and/or wall charger, and one slide-in pocket in front good for ID/CC.
    There is lots of different designs, and I'm sure you can find one that suits You, no matter the gender :)
    Build quality is excellent, and if you don't mind waiting 2 weeks for it, you can buy it for about 10 bucks on ebay.
    Most of them ship from HongKong, that's why the wait.
    Check it out HERE.
    Other than that, my Droid is naked :)
    peace
    J

16. nthnkrk

Seeing that over 60% of people are going naked or with screen protector only is really not what I expected.

I'm really anxious to see how these things hold up over time. Luckily I have the protection plan just in case...

17. koticphreak

koticphreak Well-Known Member

birthday suit!