caseTips

1. adamlambertsgi

adamlambertsgi New Member

Can I use an iPhone case for my Samsung galaxy precedent. Or do I need to look for one online customer all I got where I live is for iPhones and I don't meant the scarring case I mean like a back cover?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GArunner

GArunner Member

I am not sure about the iphone case but I got a silicone case from Amazon for $6.00 and it included a charger for my car! Works great!
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You can use anything that fits, but I doubt that you'll find anything that fits except a Precedent (or Prevail?) back cover.
  4. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

I looked into this a while back. I didn't buy one but there's *one* case at the Sprint store for the Prevail. They wanted $30 for it and it fits the Precedent. It's not a great looking case, but it'll work if you need one.

Having said that, Samsung phones will take a beating so unless you expect to really damage your phone through your job, or you have slippery fingers then you have to think whether a $30 case for a $150 phone is worth it. If so, then your local Sprint store is the place.
  5. JediSpice17

JediSpice17 New Member

I went through this company=Cell Phone Accents, to get cases and accesories for my new Precedent and I am really impressed with them and their customer service!

I bought 3 cases, a stand, and a car charger for around $33 plus shipping. Other places I looked wanted $20 for just one case (plus shipping) and had very limited styles.

Give these people a look!

http://www.cellphoneaccents.com/m-1143-samsung-galaxy-precedent-m828c-prevail-m820-accessories.html
  6. Subbie138

Subbie138 Member

The Precedent is the same handset as the Prevail. By searching for prevail cases I was able to find a decent case. I am thrilled with mine; "Premium Heavy Duty Hybrid" with two screen protectors. It is a plastic case with a rubber cover that goes over it.

The only problem I had was that most headphones and speakers I try to plug into the headphone jack won't fit past the case. I snipped and sanded the plastic, and sliced off the rubber cover, and everything fits perfectly now. The modification looks clean, too. This case comes in colors and is tough as hell. It obviously won't fit inside a holster, and it is quite sticky in the pocket, but I'm okay with that. Adds 15 pounds to your phone.
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Cheap enough and it looks like it gives more protection that the original case (which only comes about 1/8" around the front) and is soft gel.