1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cases and BatteriesTips

1. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

What suggestions do you guys have for cases and extended batteries for the Thunderbolt?

I've been known to be a bit clumsy so a good rugged case (not too bulky though) would be a life saver for me. Which one do you suggest?

Advertisement
    :
  2. shello007

shello007 Member

Verizon Wireless has silicone ones now.
  3. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Seidio.com has a few nice ones in a wide variety of styles / protection levels
  4. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I picked up the standard silicone case from VZW and ordered the 1600 battery from seido (doesn't make the phone any thicker). It's big enough lol
  5. j3ffr3ym

j3ffr3ym New Member

I ordered the one from Otterbox and I am loving it yes it does make the phone very think but the protection gained is nice. Also a few notes on it tho at the top where the speaker and camera are there is no protection over them and it looks like dirt will be able to get in there and onto the screen which is why I left a mate screen protector on it under the otterbox. Last it does change the angle the kickstand is at so that when you have it in the vertical orientation it does make the phone a little unstable.
  6. I just ordered the Kraken from Trident cases. I wouldnt reccomend the otterbox
  7. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

I would have advised you avoid the Kraken if you dislike bulk. It should probably protect as well as the OtterBox defender, but it somehow managed to be a bulky monster. And heaven help you if you want to try and use one with a belt holder! It'll dig a hole in your side or snap off your belt before you hear the snap.

I don't know about their other cases, but the Kraken isn't designed for comfort or ease of use - just straight protection.
  8. Yep.. Thats what I want.. Just not the silicone on the outside like the otterbox... I dont use belt holders either
  9. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

Then you've got your tank coming dude! Enjoy! :D
  10. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

I'll never suggest a otterbox after I saw what happened to my buddies iphone.
  11. j3ffr3ym

j3ffr3ym New Member

What do you mean I have always had good luck with otterbox?
  12. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

don't get a Ringke case. Although i loved it we just figured out it covers the sensor that turns your screen off when making a call. A bunch of "end calls" and dead batteries.

i really liked it to. (before i found this out)
  13. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Care to explain.
  14. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

+1 I won't use Otterboxes for that reason. It makes the phone huge...
  15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Well-Known Member

I have the extended battery from Verizon and just got the extended battery silicone. case from Verizon and I have discovered a big issue. the charging port is slightly blocked by the case. In order to charge the phone I have to take the case off. Wtf!