Cases and Overclocking

Last Updated:

1. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I generally use a 1GHz kernel, although my phone has been able to handle 1.2, but I just got a case the other day because I've already put a few scratches on the black paint and didn't want to do worse. But now I'm worried about the heat with my OC'ing. Does anyone else use a case and overclock? Are there any potential heat issues a case could cause? I haven't noticed anything taking off the case a few times to check, but I want to be sure. My setup is still the same as from before I got the case and it was running pretty darn cool anyway.

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I have a Otterbox case and I'm OC'd to 1.1. I don't think having a case will make much of a difference. If your phone is overheating, the case is generally not the culprit.

3. Heruohta

Heruohta Active Member

I was using a Seidio Innocase (that tabs that hold it in place eventually broke) and I was OC'd to 1100 with no problems.

4. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I've been using one of the VZW cases from the beginning with no issues - I'm currently overclocked to 1.1 Ghz

5. chris3896

chris3896 Active Member

It does get a bit toasty on my Seidio Innocase when I was OC'ed to 1000 but nothing too abnormal. Hell it generated more heat when I was charging the thing than anything.

6. PennState

PennState Active Member

The only time ive ever noticed heat issues when overclocking is when charging. Not on its own, but when I'm using the phone while charging it.