Cases and screen protectorsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mallomar

mallomar New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got an Incredible (my first smartphone) and need to get a case and screen protector. Right now I'm using a rubbery iPod case that doesn't fit, and the original Verizon "Remove before use" screen protector. :D

I've read a lot of threads on these topics but am still unsure what to get. It was a financial stretch just to get the phone, and I can't afford to spend a lot on accessories at the moment.

From my research, I think I want a TPU case. I don't want a slippery hard case. Although I would like to find a case with a wrist strap, or a place to attach one, and would consider any reasonably priced cases with that feature, even if they're not the rubbery kind. Any suggestions?

And I want an anti-glare screen protector, because I'm finding the Incredible really difficult to use outdoors on sunny days. A guy at Best Buy told me the wet application protectors were better (at staying in place) than the dry app protectors. True?

I know a lot of people love the expensive ones (Steinheil, etc.) but those are just not an option for me right now. What are some good, mid-priced anti-glare protectors?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

First, the phone has a place for a wrist strap. It is on the bottom and you have to thread the string through the case and the battery cover while they are both off, but it is definitely handy! Second, i had a TPU case before i got my Otterbox. I got it on ebay for $7 shipped. Great case! Grippy feel, but will slide in and out of a pocket. There are a ton of inexpensive screen protectors out there that will get you by until you can spring for a good one. Again, look on ebay. I personally use the ones sold by Xtremeguard on ebay. They are a wet application, and work great IMO. Also less than three bucks! and last a loooong time.

Seeing the screen in the sun.....well....everyone has problems with that. I just shade the phone when outside.

Hope this helps.

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting an Inc, you're gona love it! I reccomend getting a Zagg screen protector. They can be kinda pricey ($20 at Best Buy) but they come with a lifetime warranty and are great quality. When I bought mine the salesman took a metal ruler to his X and rubbed it back and forth as fast as he could and it didn't leave ANY mark at all. Very impressive! AFA the warranty, you go to their website and register that you purchased a Zagg for the Incredible and literally for the rest of your life you can get a new screen protector as long as you pay the shipping ($3.99, I believe.) I don't use a case but have been thinking about buying a Seddio Innocase (sp) because I've read a lot of good reviews about it. Good luck with whatever you decide, enjoy your phone and welcome to the world of android :)

4. mallomar

mallomar New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the responses. I looked at the bottom of the phone and see a tiny rectangular opening with a tiny red square inside -- is that where a strap can be attached?

5. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

Yes. You have to pull off the battery cover, and thread the strap through the cover, but yes, that is it.