Cases And screen protectorsTips

1. jeffj318

jeffj318 Well-Known Member

Why should there be this much confusion about the glass? Is it Gorilla glass or not? Certainly LG should know. Perhaps write to the CEO of the company? :confused:
  2. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

I just noticed a scratch on my screen that looks just like the scratch I had on my V. It's small but it reflects light in such a way that it stands out. I don't think this phone has gorilla glass.
  3. Android311

Android311 Well-Known Member

I think it has monkey glass :p it's a cheaper alternative of gorilla glass
  4. download

download Active Member

Ebay listings for: "LG OPTIMUS ELITE LS696 RUBBER SKIN SILICONE CASE"

^
    ordered this and it fits the phone perfectly, holes are well cut, the power and volume buttons are covered "with pseudo buttons molded into the case" and are EASILY pressed under the soft silicone....confident this will hold up to drops...but the silicone is super slippery...took some 150grit sandpaper to scuff up the case and now it's SUPER GRIPPY with better than "rubberized" feel to it. It doesn't look any different after taking sandpaper to it.

For $2.95 shipped what can you complain about?? ;)

Also, the "Gorilla Glass" may offer more protection from shattering on impact but I was grinding down some metal in the garage and tiny metal flakes either landed on the screen or were still on my fingertip, one swipe of my finger left scratches in the glass from the metal shards...small but still deadly. My HTC EVO 4G never had this issue... so just beware...
  5. Android311

Can you post a pic?
  6. download

download Active Member

1. who are you replying to
    2. a picture of what
  7. Android311

A pic of your new case :)
  8. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

My local Radio Shack has the Zagg for HTC Incredible 2 on clearance for $10. I had to cut the top off to clear the speaker, but the width was the same. (I can't help it, I'm super cheap - hehe)

I was in the store because Radio Shack sent me a $5 gift card after buying their $110 OE. So $5 Zagg InvisibleShield - WOOHOO!!!
  9. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Ordering the Optimus Elite invisibleSHIELD directly from Zagg.com is also an option. Last I checked, there was a coupon code which covered shipping. LG Optimus Elite Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
  10. VariantVT

VariantVT Active Member

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone found a good car/dash/windshield mount for the Elite yet? I'm going on a road trip in a couple weeks and will likely need to use GPS.
  11. polyhedral

polyhedral Member

I'm curious about a mount as well.
  12. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

13. Ranhead

ZAGG.com has a 50% off sale today only ... using the code jul12, until 6:30 EST, Limit 3 per person
    ktb83 likes this.
  14. rox731

rox731 Member

Does having a case on the phone make the battery overheat at all. I just bought my first smartphone yesterday and was wondering about this.
  15. TX-Dennis

TX-Dennis Well-Known Member

Not generally. Mine has never gotten more than very slightly warm to the touch.
    rox731 likes this.
  16. rox731

rox731 Member

Thanks for responding. I keep hearing rumors and I wanted to hear it from someone who owned one. I have read all the posts here so when I get mine and IF I have a problem I will know what to do. :)
  17. disparaissant

disparaissant Member

18. VariantVT

VariantVT Active Member

Not sure about the case or the charger, but the AM screen protectors, if they are the same ones I have, are pretty crappy, they scratch really easy. I'm on my second one in < 3 months. For $9, not a bad deal though.
  19. Ranhead

I have two cases .... the 2 part hard case and the silicon case. I prefer the hard case, For a windshield mount I bought this one: CLICKY

I have only used it twice. But it seems to stick to the windshield well, grips the phone and seems to be very stable. For the price how can you go wrong?
  20. Littlesha

Littlesha Member

I got the hard case that you can put a rubberized case around...except I CHIPPED my phone trying to take off the hard shell cover. I am so pissed right now. Brand new phone and I was dumb enough to get a cheap cover for it. Those hard covers DO NOT COME OFF....grrrr.
  21. Littlesha

Littlesha Member

Just had the same thing happen EXCEPT I nicked my phone all up....so annoyed right now. Please let me know if you find a good one-piece case that you can remove the phone from EASILY if need be

22. MacFett

23. Ranhead

Really??? .... Ok, I'll just shut up
  24. MacFett

The case yes, the color no. And if you were going to shut up, why bother posting to start?