• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the Intercept

Hi,
I have a little elite holster case, which I think was designed for a blackberry, which I've been using, but I'm noticing that it will take the screen out of lock if I'm not careful holstering. Being the Intercept has a glass screen, I'm worried about scratching. So I just want to know what your favorites are. The Otterbox defender cases really look rugged, but I don't know if they make one for the intercept. I know I can't just put the intercept in my pocket, that's just begging for the glass screen to get scratched. Maybe I just need a screen protecter, but shock protection might be nice too.

I purchased something low-tech and inexpensive off eBay, i think originally for the SCH-i760, but it worked fine for the M910. Here is a listing for the M910. I think they are similar if not identical.
Leather Case Pouch For Samsung Intercept SPH-M910 | eBay

Then I purchased some inexpensive screen protectors specifically for the M910 off eBay. Get more than 1, because you'll find putting them on to be something you need a bit of practice with.

I find I'm not using the leather pouch much these days. I'm just putting the phone in my pocket (without coins or keys of course).

No issues thus far.

Upvote 0
I'm using a horizontal belt case similar to the one that Stef7 provided a link for. It's efficient, but looks somewhat dorky attached to your belt. I also got a vertical belt case, but it's really a bit too tight and taking the phone out tends to press buttons accidentally.

I've found that the Intercept will turn itself off in your pocket if you're wearing something like moderately tight jeans, which is why I got a case. I've also found it not to be a problem in looser pockets if there are no keys or coins in them.

I've gotten about 3 months from a screen protector so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones