• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the Moment

I don't know if this was mentioned, but, It looks like that snap on hard case blocks the proximity sensor. Anyone know?
I agree, the fommy.com jelly case looks like the best bet. I wonder how much thicker it makes the phone feel. I bought mine from a "guy" on ebay, and I'm nervous about breaking it. Anyone have experience with insurance options and buying through ppl on ebay?

I bought my Curve new from someone on ebay. Sprint replaced my phone TWICE for software problems and I had no issues! :)

Oh and it looks like the cases that come down on the top and have a cut-out for the speaker may cover the sensor. I don't like the looks of those anyway. ;)

Upvote 0
New case on ebay with the right cutouts for $7.
%21BgSeI%29%21CGk%7E$%28KGrHqQH-E%21EsLcRW3W%29BLEtgSDI6%21%7E%7E_35.JPG

or $10 with a car charger

Upvote 0
Here are pics of the "official" case I got at the Sprint store. You get a black and a blue and they are rubberized. I'm actually using the blue front and the black back. They are pretty bulky and seem to make the slider slightly raised which I wouldn't think would be good for the phone. Anyway, cases like this where the front is above the speaker do not interfere with the senors.

CIMG0051.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

Oh and the big hole in the back is for the belt clip which I think is really stupid! ;) Hope this helps someone! :)

Upvote 0
The "Sprint" case is ok at best. The stupid clip hole on the back is dumb. I am partial to the blue snap on, though. It did add on more thickness. I like to keep my phone in my pocket so it wont work for me. i'll wait for a holster.
You must not have looked at or bought very many hard clip on cases then.

The "stupid" hole on the back is pretty much standard for most hard clip on cases for pretty much every phone out there.

Upvote 0

The "stupid" hole on the back is pretty much standard for most hard clip on cases for pretty much every phone out there.

Yes but most cases just have a small square shaped hole in the back. This case has a huge round hole, almost an inch in diameter.

Upvote 0

No it isn't. Ive had Body Gloves and it never had the large hole on the back. Like Jen said, they normally have the small square hole on the back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones