• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the RAZR MAXX

RadYOacTiVe

Android Expert
Dec 10, 2009
Other than the Verizon case, has anyone found a good case?

I have been using the Case Mate Barely there cases for my other phones, hoping they make one for the MAXX. Also used a Rearth Ringke Slim case for the first time with my Gnex, that's a very nice low profile case too, just didnt care for the rubber plugs for the headphone and charger ports.

There's a couple Verizon cases, the standard cheap silicon ones I've never liked, and the one I posted pics on which you saw (but in the interest of others): http://androidforums.com/3862601-post31.html

From the research I've done to date, this is still my preferred case. Most of the others are too bulky from the pics I've seen (seidio and otterbox specifically). I'd be interested as well what slimline cases others have seen.

Upvote 0
I found a matte black(non slick,non glossy)case for droid razr but not sure it would fit the maxx. Anyone know if the difference would be that much? It's $15 from amazon, I'm about to get it anyway, just unsure of the tolerances between the two diff razr sizes. I ordered the verizon shiny,gloss silicon from their site and am beginning to regret the order. I like the matte black one, but the fit might be iffy. Anybody using a razr case on a maxx?

Upvote 0
I got a black silicone case from Verizon, is that bad?

I ordered the phone since there wasn't any in store at the time, and the csae is going to be shipped with it, can i get my money back if I don't like it ?
I think Verizon's return policy is good, but you may like it, so check it first. I'm in the same boat as you, mine's coming in a couple days, but I ordered another matte style from amazon also. It says for razr tho and not razr maxx. I'm hoping it will fit ok.

Upvote 0
I got a black silicone case from Verizon, is that bad?

I ordered the phone since there wasn't any in store at the time, and the csae is going to be shipped with it, can i get my money back if I don't like it ?

If it's the High Gloss one, it's One of the best cases out there! I've use this case from VZW on just about every phone I've picked up from them. Every time I get a new phone, I make sure to grab the High Gloss Silicone case they offer. I've dropped my Razr and Nexus about 3 times each, and not a single hiccup as far as protectction goes.

Reactions: petch and REACH
Upvote 0
If it's the High Gloss one, it's One of the best cases out there! I've use this case from VZW on just about every phone I've picked up from them. Every time I get a new phone, I make sure to grab the High Gloss Silicone case they offer. I've dropped my Razr and Nexus about 3 times each, and not a single hiccup as far as protectction goes.

I'm pretty sure it is, if so best news I've heard all day. I figured it would be nice but i never heard anything abt it.

Now to find a good invisible screen protector

Upvote 0

I agree with you 110%. I have the High Gloss Verizon case on my Maxx and had one on my previous Droid X. Also you are right on the mark with screen protector from SGP.

Upvote 0
I posted this on AC a few days ago:

I have a Duracell X-Large vertical case (model DU9947) that I was using with my DINC with extended battery that the Maxx actually fit into with no problem. It has a long steel strip in the body instead of the usual dot so that the top flap has more leeway for the phones height. It's belt clip is very solid with a bottom hook so that it doesn't slip up and off. It even holds the Maxx with the shell from the Verizon holster although it's a bit snug. I did buy the holster anyway because even though it's pretty tall on my belt, it's very thin and can also be securely used in the horizontal position.

Upvote 0
Wondering why you guys need/want a case for Razr MAXX? Dont trust the Gorilla Glass? Or case cause you clip to belt?

I always end up getting a case for my phone but was wondering if I really needed one for the MAXX. I am going to get the phone this week.

I don't really do cases either because i like the naked look, but i know myself and i know i'll drop it. My Blackberry Tour was beautiful too, until i dropped it and scratched/chipped it up.

The silicone case isn't too bad, i don't like the way hard cases look, so i figure i'll run with a nice flexible silicone case. I don't really think i need a screen protector with the gorilla glass. But I'm going to check out the screen protector these guys above me recommended

Upvote 0
Wondering why you guys need/want a case for Razr MAXX? Dont trust the Gorilla Glass? Or case cause you clip to belt?

I always end up getting a case for my phone but was wondering if I really needed one for the MAXX. I am going to get the phone this week.

I actually like not having the case, but with my large hands it was just too thin for me. coming from a thunderbolt. I just went ahead and bought the verizon black case and the car nav dock, it ended being a nice fit, but you have to take out the inner shell on the nav car dock.

Upvote 0
I also bought the high gloss silicone case for my Maxx just to hold me over until I find something better. But I'm actually starting to like this case. Doesn't add much bulk to the phone. It has just the right amount of stickiness to keep it from slipping out of my hand or off a table. I had planned on returning it, but I might end up keeping it.

Upvote 0
I found a matte black(non slick,non glossy)case for droid razr but not sure it would fit the maxx. Anyone know if the difference would be that much? It's $15 from amazon, I'm about to get it anyway, just unsure of the tolerances between the two diff razr sizes. I ordered the verizon shiny,gloss silicon from their site and am beginning to regret the order. I like the matte black one, but the fit might be iffy. Anybody using a razr case on a maxx?
When I bought my Maxx 2 days ago I tried a few Razr cases on it but they didn't fit... they were too big (the back of the Razr is much like that of the Droid X (bump around the camera and tapers down) where as the Maxx is flat on the back.)

Upvote 0
When I bought my Maxx 2 days ago I tried a few Razr cases on it but they didn't fit... they were too big (the back of the Razr is much like that of the Droid X (bump around the camera and tapers down) where as the Maxx is flat on the back.)
Too big? I'd of thought the opposite, but forgot about the camera causing hump. I went ahead and ordered the matte for $15 with an amazon gift card left over from Xmas. Have to see if it will work at all. If not the gloss black one is coming also. ;)

Upvote 0
Just got my Otterbox Commuter Case today. I ordered it last Thursday evening. Super fast delivery!
The case fits great and adds only a little bulk to the phone, but it's worth the protection. I had the same case on my DINC and it lasted two years. The case also comes with a screen saver. The display still looks great after installation. The buttons are easier to work as they now have "rubber" covers which gives them a better feel.
All in all I think the Otterbox is a great case. I like the commuter as it is not as large as the Defender.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones