• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the RAZR MAXX

This is the one I have. Barely adds any weight or bulk to the handset, looks good, nice feel in hand.

I commented in the linked post, but after having the textured case/holster set from VZW for my DInc, I searched for the same one on ebay and Amazon Market...it's out there for cheaper than Verizon's $29.99 (And VZW did not have it in stock anywhere, anyway). Still waiting for it to arrive though.

Upvote 0
This is the one I have. Barely adds any weight or bulk to the handset, looks good, nice feel in hand.

I picked it up for $22ish through a corporate discount and I don't really like it. I agree with everything you said but it isn't working for me. the texture doesn't wrap around the sides....I imagine its to make it easier to slide in and out of the holster. But as a female with smaller hands I'm not getting a good enough grip on the phone. Most of my contact is between the pads of my fingers and the side edges.

My OG droid had a no-name case that was part plastic and part "rubber" and I loved it. I'm shopping for something with more grip and using this one as a temporary....

Upvote 0
I picked it up for $22ish through a corporate discount and I don't really like it. I agree with everything you said but it isn't working for me. the texture doesn't wrap around the sides....I imagine its to make it easier to slide in and out of the holster. But as a female with smaller hands I'm not getting a good enough grip on the phone. Most of my contact is between the pads of my fingers and the side edges

I can see why this case might give you trouble. I have average size male hands and it works well for me. Cases are very much a function of personal taste tho. Good luck finding yours! :)

Upvote 0
Does the Otterbox commuter protect the top corners if dropped on one? Looks like they just have the rubber protecting them where the bottom corners have the rubber and hard plastic covering them. I've got an old Verizon flexible hard case for my DINC and it's saved me many times. When I drop the DINC (which is often) the case explodes into two pieces, yet the phone is in perfect condition.

Upvote 0
Does the Otterbox commuter protect the top corners if dropped on one? Looks like they just have the rubber protecting them where the bottom corners have the rubber and hard plastic covering them. I've got an old Verizon flexible hard case for my DINC and it's saved me many times. When I drop the DINC (which is often) the case explodes into two pieces, yet the phone is in perfect condition.

Yes, the Commuter protects every except the screen. It also adds minimal bulk amis perfect for me.

Upvote 0
Does the Otterbox commuter protect the top corners if dropped on one? Looks like they just have the rubber protecting them where the bottom corners have the rubber and hard plastic covering them.

The Commuter has a 2 part design, a rubbery skin goes on your phone first, then a hard plastic case clips on over that. It also comes with an adhesive screen protector.

Just wish they would design a bet clip that would snap on to the commuter. I would rather have the soft rubber against my phone over the hard plastic that the defender does. The Defender's built in screen guard also seems to scratch easily also.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That looks to be for the Razr, not the Razr Maxx.

Looks like a couple cases are up on Casemate's site. I like the case with stand but $40 ouch. Case-Mate Motorola Droid RAZR Pop! Case with Stand (Case-Mate RAZR-POP), Motorola Droid RAZR Cases, Covers & Accessories by Case-Mate

Haven't been enjoying my Otterbox commuter. I think the plastic is too slippery and the silicone that's exposed picks up all the fuzz in my pockets.. Wish Seidio would release something ;) I really enjoyed there surface case with my last phone.

Upvote 0
The matte TPU case by diztronic is out. I'm buying one. I will post pics when i get it.

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_59&products_id=236

razr_dm_blk_az.jpg

Upvote 0
Ordered an Otterbox Defender from Amazon couple days ago. Arrived today and it's way too large for me. Amazon graciously agreed to let me return it . . . I wanted the belt/clip kickstand feature but not if the overall case is so large.

Surely someone out there offers a smaller case with 'kickstand' feature and belt clip.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Reactions: KingstonBS
Upvote 0
Didn't realize they were available! Thanks for the heads up...going to order now!

Ugh, and of course Cruzer Lite's page is down.

i got the black cruzer light with the android on the back. it is AWESOME. its got nice grips on the side so it doesnt slip out of your hands as well. for 12 bucks shipped on amazon , its worth it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones