1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cases for the RAZR MAXXTips

1. andy88488

andy88488 Well-Known Member

I got this over the weekend too. I like it because it the case part doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone, and because the holster is also pretty slim. This phone is HUGE (one of my few somewhat-beefs) and I don't want to add even more to the size.
  2. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Looks like the Cruzer Lite cases in new colors will ready to ship on the 13th. I tried ordering 3 cases using the BUY2GONE code to get one free but Amazon will not allow the code if it's not in stock.

Amazon.com: razr maxx A2 Cases & Covers
  3. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a horizontal leather case (preferred) that will fit the Droid Razr Maxx while its rocking the Diztronic Matte Black or the Cruzer Lite series cases?

Thanks in advance!
  4. Debageldond

Debageldond Member

It's the 13th, the other colors of the Cruzer Lite cases are "in stock", and I still can't use the "BUY2GONE" code. Also, their website's "Contact Us" section still shows up as template text.

This is really irritating, because I wanted to get a red, purple, and black one. Anyone else know what's going on with those? I really do love those cases.
  5. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

The ones that show as not shipping from Amazon are the ones that aren't allowing the B2G1 or free shipping. I'd like to know when/if that will change, because I want me some orange and smoke. :)
  6. rok8man

rok8man Well-Known Member

I got the matte TPU case by diztronic as well as the gel case from Verizon. I have the Diztronic case on now and it really feels good to the touch. I am impressed with it so far. Doesnt add any bulk to it and its still slim and fit. My wife didnt even know the case was on.
    Nateonator and Trooper like this.
  7. RadYOacTiVe

I'm patiently waiting too...I want the black gloss, smoke, and can't resist the android green!

8. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Well-Known Member

The promotion says you have to buy 2 of ONE color to get the 3rd free.

EDIT: NVM, contradicting.

I also had problems as the promo wouldn't apply.
  9. sirchadwick1

Ok, the only way I got the promo code to work on the Cruzer cases w/ the BUY2GONE code was to click on the option where you can add 3 together to your cart. Only problem is those 3 are blue, green, and red. Amazon needs to fix this.
  10. RadYOacTiVe

Yeah, i don't want that mix of colors. I tried going in from the Cruzer Lite site and it takes you to Amazon...WTF!

11. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Thanks for your post. I too ordered one the other night. Should be here by tomorrow or Friday.

Do you happen to know of any leather horizontal cases that the MAXX will fit into with this case installed?

Thanks!
  12. Debageldond

Debageldond Member

I know this isn't a real solution, but if you select the purple one, there's another choice: red, purple, and teal. I was frustrated enough that I went for this (and honestly I was considering teal over black anyway), so I'm happy, even though it doesn't fix the principle of the thing.

What I really don't understand is why the black and white cases are Prime-eligible and all that (and "fulfilled by Amazon") and the colored ones aren't when they all show Cruzer Lite as the seller. It's particularly vexing because they all indicate that you should use that same promo code. It's just very, very strange.
  13. cnote75

cnote75 New Member

For all that are interested, Seidio's website is now listing the surface case for the Droid Razr Maxx as coming soon, woot!!! can't wait.
    The Absolute likes this.
  14. sirchadwick1

That's great news! I loved my Seidio Active case on my Incredible. It eventually peeled and cracked in a spot after dropping it for the hundredth time.. but the feel and overall protection was perfect.
  15. RadYOacTiVe

Looks like Amazon and Cruzer Lite are on the same page. You can now order 2 cases, get one free. Bought 3 this morning for less than $20 plus free 2 day shipping with my prime account. These will do until Case Mate or Incipio come out with their slim cases.

Amazon.com: razr maxx A2 Cases & Covers
  16. shelland

Yay! Just ordered 3 with free shipping (and I don't have Prime) for colors that weren't allowing it before.
  17. RadYOacTiVe

I ordered a gloss black, smoke, and green. I'll take pics and post when I get them.

18. karmma

karmma New Member

Wait...you got the car dock to work with a case??? I didnt know ot could.
  19. RadYOacTiVe

Received my Cruzer Lite cases today and they are surprisingly thinner than I expected. Here is a pic with the black gloss case. I also have the green and smoke colors. Considering I prefer very thin cases like the Case Mate Barely There case, these will do since it looks like there aren't many options...plus the android on the back is cool.

Sorry for the poor pics, took them with my iPad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332209470.009971.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332209481.339374.jpg
    itbedave likes this.
  20. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

That does look pretty cool. Looks thin like the Diztronic and VZW TPU Gel models.
  21. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Active Member

I read reviews & searched for a case for my new RAZR Maxx & got this:
    Diztronic High Gloss Black Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Droid Razr Maxx [ONLY FOR MAXX VERSION] $8.90 from either Amazon or direct from Diztronic. It is great. Hardly adds any bulk. Holes & notches line up perfectly. Tight fit. I emailed them to ask about hi gloss vs. Matte & slipperiness & fingerprints. Reply was that Gloss is less slippery & some report matte is easier to drop (The employe didn't think it was that easy to drop but that is what some report) but matte is the most popular. Gloss shows fingerprints more. The Smoke gloss shows fingerprints a bit less but still shows. Smoke is translucent & you can see the Kevlar pattern & logos through it. Can see photos on Amazon or Diztronic.

My 1st post so, not allowed to post links.

Now to find a good screen protector. I bought a 3 pack on Amazon for only $2.25 & free S&H!
    It's not good! Air Bubbles & scratches!

Motorola Droid Razr MiniSuit Screen Protector/LCD Guard Ultra-Clear, Anti-scratch, with Microfiber cloth, Set of 3 Replacement Films (Clear)

Claims that sold me:

22. shelland

23. fireman00

fireman00 Member

I got the Otterbox Commuter yesterday from Amazon. Great fit, I don't like the screen saver, can't get rid of some of the air bubbles.
  24. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member