Cases, screen protectors, etc.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. MiG29

MiG29 Member

So I got a Nexus S about a month ago and decided that I wanted to somehow protect it from scratches, dings, etc. I read quite a bit on the different product available (sadly, for the Nexus S there aren't many options). Here's my short summary of the things I tried:

- Tech 21 3do silicone case: This is the first thing I got as it does provide great protection. It basically covers the back and the sides. It did not add much bulk to the phone but for some reason I felt that it did make the phone a bit awkward to handle. The fit was fine, with one exception: there were not cut-outs for the power and volume buttons. Instead, there are these "bumps" where the buttons are. The power button was fine, however, the case was a bit too snug on the left, where the power buttons are. This basically meant that the case had a small gap just above the volume buttons and they became so sensitive that I would inadvertently press them every single time I picked up the phone or did anything on it (while I am talking, browsing, texting etc., etc.). I actually, cut the little bumps out with a razor which did make the fit perfect. However, I could no longer press the buttons as the case is just a tad too thick for me to reach them. The case did improve the phone "grip" feel but at the same time made it a bit difficult to slide in and out of pockets. Also, due to the silicone, it became a lint-magnet. All-in-all, I removed the case after 2 days.

- Generic non-slip, black matte plastic cover: Then I bough a generic plastic cover from eBay for something like

Martin J and Jceinc like this.
  2. Martin J

Martin J Active Member

Excellent post, mirroring many of my own experiences with the Zagg, Terrapin and Mofi. I also found the Terrapin didn't stick well, and removed it as it scratches very easily.

My experiences with the Zagg are detailed in another thread, as are those with an alternative which I've found to be vastly superior. Check out the Skinomi TechSkin
  3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I use this cheap screen protector I got over at called EZ Guard its a cling on screen protector so no worries about spraying or if it accidentally falls off as well its as good a protection as invisible shield but the down side would be that its hard to apply w/o getting dust on it