Cases yet?Tips

Last Updated:

1. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do they have any cases for this phone yet? Even a silicone case? I searched Google and ebay and found nothing.

Advertisement
  2. comosc

comosc New Member

Got this phone for my wife yesterday and found some cases at the local Sprint store. They had a two pack silicone (purple and black).

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I'm using the body glove leather pouch from Radio Shack - just a generic case, but it fits it like a glove...no pun intended. sku CRC 90951.

4. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member

Those are the only two options I know of at this point. The dual pack of gel cases (one black one purple i think) and then the black body glove. I picked up the body glove for my daughter and it fits great. I am sure she will be jonesing for "PURDIER" ones though.

5. jen8112

Lol. The purple silicone one sounds fine, for now at least. Now I think I'm going to wait for the purple phone to come out before I decide. Thanks!

6. jen8112

I've been to and called a number of Sprint stores (including a corporate store) and Radio Shacks and even a Best Buy and can't find the silicone cases. Most places didn't even have the phone yet. The only place I have found it is sprint.com and I refuse to spend $30 on two cases of which I will only use one. So do I basically have to keep calling Sprint stores until I find one that has them?

7. jen8112

I've called about a dozen stores and still can't find the cases. They all said "soon" or "should have them next week". Ugg! I'm going to drop my phone I know it....

8. jen8112

Yay! I found a store that has the cases! I have to go to Lawrence, MA but I found them! lol ;) And it's a corporate store so I get 25% off for Premier status right?

9. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

You have to buy 2 accessories to get 25% off.

10. jen8112

Oh, well hopefully they have screen savers too. Thanks! :)

11. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

I bought my Hero the day it was released & there were no cases specifically for it. I had to settle for a generic case that Sprint had in the store. Luckily though, it wasn't long before companies starting making them specifically for the Hero. I have a Seidio case (seidioonline.com) for my Hero & I love it. I checked their website & they don't have one for the Optimus S YET. Hopefully soon but I'm totally with you in your fear of dropping your "naked" phone! :)

12. Whiskeypawz

I ordered a Hero case from this website LG Optimus S LS670 cases Store - Fommy.com prior to my Seidio case. Great service, I just found a better case with Seidio. But they do have the jelly silicone cases & some other accessories for the Optimus S.

13. jen8112

Thank you. I did see that one but they aren't shipping til the 30th and last time I ordered something from there that wasn't in stock I never got it! I'm good with Fommy. ;)

14. Whiskeypawz

15. southernyankee

southernyankee Member

"For LG Optimus S LS670 Hard Cover Case Black" (item title)- found on eBay, the seller has more than 10 available and they look really good, under $5 and no shipping, just ordered mine will update when I get it

16. bloodbought

bloodbought Member

17. southernyankee

southernyankee Member

Some might think it ugly, but for me and the job I do, its the best out there at a good price. Working in law enforcement you need something that can take a hit or drop and spare the phone and the gel (silicone) ones just dont do it for me. Would love to find some more rugged cases, any suggestions?

18. fnordsnafu

fnordsnafu Member

19. roadster

roadster Well-Known Member

I think the OP-S looks pritty neat without the case, especially the Body being a good feel rubbery.

Rather a case how bout a skin?

the Sprint corp store yes 30 plus, no thank ou, you must buy two of the lowest price items and then the case you get 25%. adding that up it's tax free. no thank you.
    I am a Primeir Customer as well. and even the CS on phone states only 2 items purchased not three, it's called a sales Pitch.

Oneday they'll again offer a bundle pkg. since we're handsfree, they left out the most importance a headset?

20. southernyankee

southernyankee Member

Would like to report that the "ugly" case I mentioned above potentially saved me already. I dropped my Optimus face down on the road and thanks in part to the case the phone survived unscathed, very happy so far with the case....

21. jen8112

22. feigndeaf

feigndeaf Active Member