CasesAccessories

1. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Just ordered an Amzer 88612 Silicone Skin Case-Black for the X. Ships on July 14. Good description and price on www.Amzer.com. One piece, stretches a little to go on. Cutouts for everything on the sides. Should help protect in case of a fall. Allows full access to all of the screen and the bottom buttons.

Advertisement
  2. BigJim94

BigJim94 Well-Known Member

They don't show the back on the case you ordered and the rubber one looks like it covers the rear subject mic... Could you let me know when you get your case if it has holes for all 3 mic's???
  3. jimbo1mcm

Good point. I will post when I get it. Sending an email to Amzer now.
  4. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

It's also kind of annoying that they keep calling it the A955 in their description. They must be planning one for the droid 2. I am sure it's just a typo tho cause they show the X in the pic.

My concern with a case like this is will is slide in and out of my pocket without sticking?
  5. jimbo1mcm

Called Amzer yesterday 6/30 and expect to hear from them today, re: are there holes in the back of the case for the microphone sound input. I asked for a photo of the case and I will post if I get it.
  6. crunkman989

crunkman989 Member

I heard Amzer makes o.k. cases!
  7. MancusoX

MancusoX Well-Known Member

8. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

9. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Loving this white color.
    [​IMG]

Amzer
  10. jimbo1mcm

The CEO sent me an email saying that I would have the case late next week. Will review and post pix.
  11. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member

Nice that you heard from the CEO, but I find it amazing that they didn't answer your question about the hole for the microphone - I'm looking at other cases just because of this little niddling fact. Great way to do business! :confused:
  12. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

X-acto knife can solve any issue with a missing hole in the case.
  13. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Those look like the hard silicone cases that verizon sells. Difinitely a nice case.
  14. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

I sent an e-mail to otterbox, hoping to hear from them soon, i heard that incipio cases are good too...anyone tried them before...
  15. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I can't believe shipping on a single case from Amzer...basic shipping was nearly HALF of the total cost of the case...

I'm definitely sold on the Argyle case from Amzer, but I refuse to buy it directly from them at that price.

I wish Amazon had them in stock :(

It should also be noted that someone spoke to the CEO regarding the mic cutout issue over at Droidforums.net and was told that the proper holes would be cut-out.

Edit: I also spoke with a rep from Seidio who confirmed that we should expect cases for the X sometime between 20-25th.

Case-Mate confirmed to me that there are no current plans to release a case for the X.

I'm still waiting to hear back from OtterBox and Incipio.
    Rimzy likes this.
  16. you can buy them off ebay for super cheap
  17. BigJim94

BigJim94 Well-Known Member

18. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

I was in at my local VZW store and was able to order the black leather case with kickstand. I ordered 2 accesories so i got 20% off and will receive them Tuesday or Wednesday.
  19. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

blugrss4ever and droidSPARX like this.
  20. droidSPARX

droidSPARX Well-Known Member

finally Seidio DX cases.
  21. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I loved my Innocase/holster combo on my Dinc so will order that again asap.
  22. Matreyu

Matreyu Well-Known Member

My wife has the Amzer Argyle style silicone case for her Eris. IMO it doesn't slip in/out of pocket too bad. Not as good as a hard plastic snap-on case, but better than the flimsy silicone cases from years ago.
  23. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Ooooo...I like the rugged case. It looks pretty nice on the EVO. Will be interesting to see it on the X.