Cases?Tips

Last Updated:

1. NICKtheRAT

NICKtheRAT Member This Topic's Starter

So i just got the new optimus M. loving it (even though i want to root it to get the bloatware off... im scared though, if i mess it up, will the store reboot the OS onto it?) and a little mad after i just read your no flash thread...sigh. but id still like to protect my investment and get a sexy case. i can't find anything! this is going to get so scratched before i even FIND a case to buy!

Advertisement
  2. xboxhacker

xboxhacker Member

Ebay has stuff for the Optimus M

3. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

also fits Optimus T and Optimus S cases. Those sibling models were released first, so they are on the market.

Amazon has a lot of stuff for the Optimus. I orderd silicone "Jelly" cases and "Soft Armor" cases in a couple different colors. Some come with free screen protectors thrown in for free.

Go here:
    http://goo.gl/m8x1o

http://goo.gl/oGKKM

4. NICKtheRAT

hmm, thanks! the ez gaurd sscreen protector doesnt look like it is the same shape though... im going to buy a jelly

5. NICKtheRAT

are you shure the holes match up??? looks like the s has a card slot on bot left and the buttons on the right seem to be in a different place. has anyone gotten the case for an s yet? does it fit the m perfectly?

6. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Well-Known Member

Went to t-mobile last weekend and tried out the optimus t case.

It fits because they ar the same size and the camera hole also matchs, however the mic pinhole doesn't match.

Can't find anything else locally and I need one bad, this phone is supper slippery.

7. bigcfla

bigcfla Member

use the s case it works better. radio shack has them

8. NICKtheRAT

the s looks like the volume buttons are in a different spot. i just z4rooted and did a titanium backup to freeze all extra runnign apps. very happy boy here :)

9. bigcfla

bigcfla Member

its not perfict but will do the trick. i have the body glove one. the micro sd is dif. on the s and the volume buttons are a little higher but doesnt mess anything up. i left the factory screan protector on for now. might be able to get one from the shack.

10. NICKtheRAT

i think im going to wait for official options to be release. Radio shack is a rip off. sigh, you think they would release protection for object s that were just released. FU LG! btw, rooting my phone was AWESOME! ill post what i did in the forum later

11. ChazzMatt

Yes, please tell us your experiences with rooting it.

Last night I finally got to mess with my phone after my work deadline was completed. It's my first smartphone and my first Android. Believe me, I've READ all about them and even suggested certain models to friends who thanked me. But it's all been "book knowledge" to a large extent and very little hands on.

This summer I shipped a used jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3GS to a friend in another country (he sent me the money). I bought it off Craigslist for him. Before I shipped it, I played with it for a few days and even used a friend's TMobile sim card to make sure it was unlocked. And I've looked at friends' Androids, but this is the first time I've owned one. But from what all I've read, I knew I wanted an Android over an iPhone.

I'm going to root mine -- eventually. :) Maybe in a week or so. I'm going to mess around with it first. And we also have to activate my wife's Optimus. I got two at the same time. She's so busy right now she doesn't want to deal with having to change phones. I was that way last week, but now I've got some free time.

12. droraw23

droraw23 Member

metro pcs service stores have the cases with a free screen protector for $15 i got mine in clear only thing i dont like is that the case says "metro pcs" on it

13. ChazzMatt

Thanks. I cancelled my Amazon order and got to M cases off eBay. I didn't know there was a difference between the T, S and M.

But good to know the S will fit in a pinch.

I hope the eBay stuff is really M, and not S or T with merchant doing a re-label to sell cases...

14. MikesTooLz

All im seeing on ebay are those bulky universal belt clip cases. Not an actual case that goes on the phone and stays on the phone for use in your pocket and protection from drops.

15. ChazzMatt

these are the two I bought:

LG Optimus M MS690 (MetroPCS) Red Silicone Skin Case - eBay (item 150529360190 end time Dec-06-10 07:13:31 PST)

LG Optimus M MS690 (MetroPCS) Black Silicone Skin Case - eBay (item 150528833942 end time Dec-05-10 14:18:57 PST)

But you are right -- doing a search like I did before is now showing zero result. Very strange.

========
    Some of the feedback says he's selling Optimus S as Optimus M: :mad:

I cancelled Optimus S cases to specifically get Optimus M cases. And now apparently I'm getting Optimus S cases anyway. :mad:

16. MikesTooLz

all of the ones in your link says optimus S

17. ChazzMatt

no they don't. Not the purchased ones. (Ignore the list ol "similar" items ebay has listed they want to sell you.)

The purchased item is at the top of each page. Two cases -- black Optimus M and red Optimus M.

now go to his feedback. two people complained he's selling Optimus S as Optimus M.

18. MikesTooLz

yeah i see it, looks like the Optimus T case they have at t-mobile.

19. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Well-Known Member