CasesTips

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

No official HP cases could I locate anywhere. Oh well. Third parties are just as good I guess.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Order an Official HP case off online and got it the other day and I am glad I ordered it, fits like a glove. Also tried the 1.5ghz kernel, it was really easy to install it. Does anyone know where I can get the warthog kernel to flash to 1.7?
  3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

See my sticky. There's a link in the overclocking info.
  4. anton73_01

anton73_01 New Member

I managed to get the HP Custom fit case at the start of the fire sale.

The cover folds back to create a stand when in landscape mode. Very nice case.
  5. Amerie

Amerie Well-Known Member

I managed to pick up a cheap case with the same design as the Official HP one (including the folds for the stand) from eBay for
  6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I also got one of the HP cases, it's really nice. I found out that I can type with two hands pretty easily when it's lying down on the table with the case giving it a slight raise.
  7. colchiro

Knowing that the HP case will eventually fail on a folding edges, I ordered this case ($24.95 w/ free shipping): Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) HP TouchPad Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch Tablet PC Wi-Fi (Black)(Compatible with the HP Touchstone): Electronics

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A lot of these cheap cases cover up the area surrounding the screen, making swiping to close an app impossible or undependable. This case seems to be released under different names, but I read a lot of good reviews on it here: [Q] Best case for the Touchpad? - xda-developers
  8. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

That's just like the one I got, but the brand was Acase instead of poetic, should be here tomorrow!
  9. colchiro

My Poetic case came in today and I really like it. The leather has a nice feel and the construction seems very good. The last adjustment (angle closest to horizontal) seems like it might slip out easily if not on a desk or counter (like in a lap), but I suspect that's to be expected.

Unlike the HP case, it snaps shut nicely. There are no pockets to store anything inside, but that's not a big problem.

I'd buy one again. :D
  10. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

I'm pleased with mine too, I highly recommend it to others.
  11. colchiro

I'm sorry, I bought the HP cases. They're ok, but I like the Poetic one better.

They're rubbery feeling and don't stay closed. :D
  12. MongooseGA

MongooseGA Well-Known Member

Most Ipad2 cases that are slip-in and not clip-on will fit the HP. Mine is in an Incipio Ipad2 case right now. Fits perfectly, all buttons and hardware are perfectly placed and nothing is covered up.
  13. colchiro

The Targus case looks good and is cheap ($24 w/ shipping).

[​IMG]

My only concern would be swipping from the bottom when in landscape mode, but most of us will be using GB or ICS anyway. I'm not interested in a iPad case that almost fits and covers speaker ports.

I see the Poetic case I bought (~$25) is still available and does work with the Touchstone. [​IMG]fleeBay has it for $22 tho.

[​IMG]

I'm not fond of the cases with leather covering the front bezel. Had that with my Nook Color and it would slide out slightly when in landscape.

I was hoping for a case for my wife's TP that would be slightly different so we could tell them apart. Guess something colored (tape or marker) could be stuck on the side to do that too. Meanwhile I still have two HP stock cases too but doubt she'll be happy with rubber when I have leather. :D

If you have the Touchstone charger, you need to be careful of the rotating cases since they can get really hot and melt if there's metal on the back.

What have you guys bought that you liked?
  14. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

I have the HP foilio case and love it. It covers the screen and fits great!
  15. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I picked up that Poetic case. Just got it this morning.

[​IMG]

No long term impressions, of course, but I think it's exactly what I wanted. Slim, low-profile, supports some viewing angles for watching movies on it... just right. Also, it's easy to pop the TP in and out for when I don't want the case.