cashe/keyboardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Dbudds

Dbudds Member This Topic's Starter

Alright so 2 questions here 1 is clearing cashe good or bad for your phone? And 2.. my keypad seems 2 be lagging a lot lately its forcing me 2 have 2 type extremely slow. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. joetarin

joetarin Well-Known Member

Clearing your cache is not bad and is recommended to keep things clean and running smoothly. When I cleared about 12mb from my cache I noticed some of the lag was eliminated. Start with the browser cache. That usually takes up the most memory.

3. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

Albums can also have a pretty large cache.

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

To help stop keyboard lag, go into settings and turnoff vibration and sound feedback for you keyboard.

5. Dbudds

Dbudds Member This Topic's Starter

Already did that idk I think the problem is the phone itself can't handle fast typing maybe it will be slightly better in 2.1

6. JohnnyThumbz

JohnnyThumbz Well-Known Member

Cache is cool, but not the data. Cant wait till we can use the ClearCache app on our phones....

7. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

If your keyboard is slow, your phone is doing things in the background.

If you start up a freshly Hard-reset Eris, the keyboard is LIGHTNING. It's like a new phone.

I have so many apps installed, running, and talking to the internet, that everything is laggy. At any time, any keyboard could be laggy. That's why I use Swype anymore, really.

And cache is supposed to make things go FASTER, not slower. Web pages you visit frequently, and thumbnails of pictures in Albums help those things load faster. Clearing them shouldn't speed anything up, really. Everyone says it does though. I have had the opposite experience!