Casio Commando on Straight Talk?General

1. wl7he

wl7he New Member

Can the Casio Commando be used on the Straight Talk network?? Just wondering, they have a much better deal than Verizon.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Straight Talk uses GSM, Verizon uses CDMA. The two phone technologies are not compatible.
  3. wl7he

wl7he New Member

Thats what I need to know, Thanks
  4. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Actually, Straight Talk uses both CDMA (Sprint and/or Verizon) and GSM (AT&T and T-Mobile) depending on the device and market area.

But the answer is still the same, since Straight Talk does not allow any CDMA phones (like the Commando) to be activated on "their" service that they do not provide, GSM phones that work on AT&T or Tmobile can be activated via a SIM card.
  5. mrebeler87

mrebeler87 New Member

I know the GSM feature of a Droid Bionic can be unlocked. Can the same feature be unlocked in the Cammondo? This would allow you to use it with a straight talk sim card.
  6. Willster419

Willster419 The Casio Smartphone Guru Guide

I'm pretty sure you can have talk and text, but no data, on straight talk. also, about the sim card, there is no physical SIM card that you can take out. However , there is an app called SIM toolkit. stk.apk. and the hidden program menu.
  7. piludo36

piludo36 New Member

My buddy upgraded and gave me his Commando. This is my first smart phone and as a PE teacher, it's awesome... although there's a learning curve.
    Anyhow I've been a Strait Talk customer for 2 years now. They can be a pain at times, but it's worth it when it works. Starting this past May they re-initiated they're "Bring your own phone" program. I made the leap this month. I got to keep my number and their was a one-time $16 fee for switching phones.
    Actually Verizon was quite helpful with the transition, prior, they told me what I'd need to provide Strait Talk. See the following:
    4-28
    RE transfer commando phone to strait talk:
    Tech Support:
    To activate phone need either IMEI# or MEID # (same thing),
    Located under battery under barcode sticker
    # starts w/ a 9
    This worked perfectly. Only thing is I can't access the Verizon App store and a few other proprietary things. I can live with that.
    I actually came to this site to see if anyone else has experience with this, I'm wondering what apps I should dump, but I'm new to this phone and don't want to screw it up.
    Unlimited talk, text, data (so far, so good)! Still on the Verizon network (with limitations), so it's the best reception I've ever had with a phone.
    For those of you who want to change over, well that's how it's done.
    Anybody who's already done it and more tech savvy than me please share tips & tricks.
    Good luck & thanks!
    Spil and Willster419 like this.
  8. Emgo

Emgo Active Member

I've considered changing to straight talk. Tell me about the down side. What's the cost for a plan like you have?

Thanks,
    Ken
  9. jmorozco

jmorozco Member

I have my C771M130 working fine with straight talk.
  10. Willster419

Willster419 The Casio Smartphone Guru Guide

ill have to tell my friend about this one. thanks piludo36!
  11. jhightman

jhightman Member

I have activated several Verizon CDMA phones on Net10.