Casio Commando: The end is nearGeneral

1. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

Looks like the end is near for the Casio Commando. Verizon has it for free on their web page for new lines of service and renewals. Although I've moved on, it is a great phone and I miss it sometimes.

Casio Commando

Advertisement
    :
  2. ~aRBy~

~aRBy~ Well-Known Member

Its a fathers day sale, so it could just be that as the rugged phones are "manly" and after fathers day it will go back to "normal" price.
    Although, it is more then past its time and there should be something new coming. The Motorola Barrage, that's on sale for free also. That phone has been almost $200 forever, and is WAY over due for an upgrade.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yeah, this. The Bionic is already free and it's still a great device so don't worry about the Commando.
  4. ~aRBy~

~aRBy~ Well-Known Member

Well I guess its not (or was not) a "Fathers day" special. Its back up to $179. I don't think they are ever going to replace the commando just like the Motorola Barrage, I think its going to stay forever at ~$179.

I also just noticed that the commando is in the number 3 spot for "Top Sellers", not too bad for a phone this "old" and most of the time selling for almost $200
    [​IMG]
  5. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Well-Known Member

I imagine its holding on to life until the G-Shock comes out
  6. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member

My Commando can run the latest apps, a live wallpaper, surf the web, and play movies. All while submerged in a salty dive pool. Screw the competition...... oh yeah. THERE ISN"T ANY!!!
  7. 4DAIVI PAI2K5

4DAIVI PAI2K5 Well-Known Member

I got mine for free when it first came out?
  8. johnlarsson43

johnlarsson43 New Member

Yeah right, from whom :)?

-------------------------
    Casio Phones
  9. TJGoSurf

Just ordered one from Amazon Wireless for a friend. It won't get here until August 9th. Maybe they're reducing inventory for the next one?
  10. Officious

Officious New Member

Purchased mine last month and a Verizon employee told me that it was the second to last in stock in any of their warehouses.
  11. gioakjoe

gioakjoe Active Member

12. TJGoSurf

Woohoo. First phone I will buy outright.

Weird day when Casio rolls out a better phone than the new nexus