• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cat or kitten?

My experience has always been that the older cats tend to just accept each other over a period of about a month. We did have several kittens and they all seemed to get along fine. However we would feed them separately kittens in one place and the older cats in another. My baby girl (dot dot) was a kitten when I got her and she had no problems with the bigger cats in fact our oldest cat tended to mother her.

But as you can see its really up to the cats if they decide to get along or not. I also understand the financial issue but would say that sometimes a small investment into your child can bring back such a return :)

Upvote 0
Kitten..

Attachments

• 1440108314655.jpg
    1440108314655.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0
Our first cat was 3.5 years of age when we introduced a kitten to her. She has been stressed out for over a year. Hissing constantly.

This is important advice.

We got around this issue by introducing two kittens. They got on with harrassing each other while the older moggy, older than yours, got on with its life.

We also ensured that at night the kittens slept apart from the veteran cat.

You do end up with three cats, but that's not much more hassle than two.

Reactions: argedion and Kaat72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones