caution:black/red gradient caseGeneral

1. dryfly

dryfly Member

Just a FYI. I purchased the black/red gradient case, but in less than a week it is literally disintegrating. Turns out there is just some kind of film material on top of a red plastic case. I replaced with a leather covered plastic case that my Verizon store just got in.

Advertisement
    :
    Mahalo likes this.
  2. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Did they give you a refund for the case? BC I have the same case...and I don't want it to do what yours did, but it's doing good as of now.
  3. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

This is why I hate plastic cases that are painted. My gf had a black one from a cell phone kiosk for her enV 2 and the paint started flaking off within a week and it was white plastic underneath. Not cool.
  4. dryfly

dryfly Member

Yeah, the store did a straight swap for the leather wrapped one (which by the way seems to be almost the identical dimensions as the gradient although I think it provides a bit more height on the back, giving better protection to the camera lens)
  5. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

So far no problem here. But then again I am not doing anything to it for it to come apart. (Not saying you did)
  6. dryfly

dryfly Member

Only in and out of my pocket. The case itself was not coming apart, just the 'painted' texture that give it the black/red look. This film was peeling/rubbing off like crazy.
  7. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Hmm, I've had mine about 4 days and it's holding up fine with lots of in and out of the pocket action. My only complaint is that the two pieces don't come together perfectly flush on the sides. All the corners and the top/bottom are a perfect fit but the sides have a ridge. Not the best design for $25 plus tax. But I like the way it looks.
  8. dryfly

dryfly Member

Yeah I liked the look of it to but quite surprised to find that the appearance was simply a film covering over over red plastic. The edges first started 'cracking' then the rest shortly followed. Hope yours holds up.
  9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the rubberish shiny black case. Can't take plastic cases that don't line up perfectly! Glad I saw this thread,was gonna grab the plastic one.
  10. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

I literally noticed this yesterday...some of the outer layer is starting to rub off on one of the corners. I've already exchanged this case from a body glove case...wtf am I supposed to do now? Can I still exchange it? I guess there's nothing saying I can't...
  11. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

So you returned the Body Glove? Why?

I have that case and love it so far; very protective and the camera lens is recessed.
  12. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

anyone else just shocked at how much stores can charge for a .5ct piece of plastic?
  13. mzlou2

mzlou2 Active Member

Yes, I got suckered into a plain red rubbery case when I bought my Incredible on launch day, and it's totally flimsy and feels like it's going to fall apart.
  14. MrToilet

MrToilet Member

Is it the hard plastic red case from the store? I bought that same one, I kinda like it on the phone, feels OK to me.
  15. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I returned the bodyglove because of the weight and the lip that protects the front screen restricted my fingers to getting all the way to the edge of the screen.
  16. JETC

JETC Well-Known Member

Had the gradient case too but I immediately returned it since it did not offer a good protection too the camera lens. I got the body glove instead. So far I'm liking it...adds better gripand protection. Although I wish 3rd party companies come out already with their cases.