Caution Zagg Screen Protector and Verizon Silicone Gloss Case Don't Play Well..Accessories

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

It seems the way the gloss case fits to the phone lifts the Zagg at the corners. As much as I like this case I had to purchase the two piece snap on leather case.

Advertisement
  2. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that too, I probably didn't wait long enough for it to set all the way, but it has pushed the edges up a little. For now it's alright I'll either get a replacement or just get a Steinheil.

3. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

You just have to be careful. Try to let the screen cure as long as possible before putting on the case. When you put on the case watch the corners and make sure it doesn't push against the protector and push it up. I tried to make sure my corners were down good and that the case went over top of the screen protector on the corners. Basically I pushed my corners down good and tried to push them under the case. I haven't had any issues since I put it on the phone.

4. jayhammy

jayhammy Active Member

Did you put the whole body base on or just the screen?

5. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Just the screen. Not really a need for full body if you're using a case.

6. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

Anyone had any luck with a full screen protector and the VZN silicone case?

I have the Zagg and have let it cure for over a week and the case still picks up the corners of the Zagg. Has anyone tried a different screen protector with the silicone case with any luck?

7. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

What I ended up doing is filing the very edge that touches the screen in the corners this helped. Turn the case corners inside out you will see the little lip there file it back some in the corners.

8. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i noticed this as well. i think at first i tried to put the case back on too soon. so i waited about 24hrs then put it back on and it still started peeling back one of the corners. i just mashed it back down and it seems to be ok. may go with steinheil anyways as the zagg is getting many dents and imperfections in it since it is so soft.

9. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

I, too, put my case back on too soon after installing a Zagg. However, after some tucking and palming (boy that sounds sexy) I was able to get the corners back down without too much asthetic issue.

10. DxJustin

DxJustin Active Member

Mine was fine whenever I put it in my pocket. I pulled it out and the screen cover came off in my pocket. $20 lint roller for your pocket lol

11. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

Yea, I think I'm going to give the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint a try as soon as they are back in stock. That looks like a pretty nice protector.

I wonder if the Steinheil for the Incredible will be cut just a bit smaller so it won't cause problems with the silicone cases?

12. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i know the sgp store says temporarily out of stock like they sold out but i don't think they have ever had them in stock yet have they?

13. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Which is the silicon case? I have the plastic feeling all red on (two piece snap on) and it's fine with the Zagg.

14. DxJustin

DxJustin Active Member

The silicone one is the glossy one piece that really hugs the phone. The corners fit the screen so well they push up the Invisible Shield protector because it is kinda thick.

Verizon Silicone High Gloss Cover

15. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

I have the Skinomi Screen protector and the Verizon case pushed up two of my corners as well. If I ignore the perfectionist side of me, it's fine. It doesn't push them up enough that the protector is going to come off. And it doesn't look too bad.

If I do it again, I will cut the very edges of a protector before installing.

16. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

Hope it's not smaller. My zagg is just slightly too short length wise but imo is perfect width wise. It bothers me that i have 1/16" at top not covered cuz it's just slightly too short to reach all the way to top / speaker. Makes my OCD kick into overdrive.

The 1 piece of dust the ghost armor girl at BB who installed it left right above the home key doesn't help my OCD either.