CDMA Android Phone in Canada

1. captaincool

captaincool Active Member

Is there any chance of us poor losers up in Canada getting a CDMA android phone? If not is there any way I can import one that I can get to work on the Bell mobility network?

Advertisement
  2. UnderWhat?

UnderWhat? Well-Known Member

Not us poor losers, us poor losers with bell
  3. captaincool

captaincool Active Member

I know, it's severly sad! The only consolation prize is the palm pre. I like webOS but I really don't like the Pre hardware. Think there will ever be any unlocked hero's for us to import?
  4. UnderWhat?

UnderWhat? Well-Known Member

Not on bell. Bell doesnt use GSM, and therefor doesn't have SIM cards. Which means even if the phone is unlocked, you have no way to tie it to Bell.

But if you get unlocked phones from the states you can use Rogers or FiDo SIMs, and everything should work because US phone's use the same 3G frequencies as us.

Pre is not anything until they update the quality. Hundreds of people complaining of oreo affect, screen problems and loads of other stupid crap that a normal phone just shouldn't have. It was rushed to the market. Just like the HTC Hero, how many people here are complaining about LEDs not working, trackball LED not working, headphones not working...
  5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

CDMA won't exist in Canada in about six months..
    That's not very long to wait.