• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Dead after ROM Flash?

Sorry to hear about your issues, and also does not make it easy when you stuck using the Sprint network to download all this. I C Scotty, Brian and me waiting in the wings checking for the UPS driver, LOL :D

On another note, I would take your laptop where you have decent internet over the weekend and download all the files you need, then you can give it a whirl without having to deal with download issues.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about your issues, and also does not make it easy when you stuck using the Sprint network to download all this. I C Scotty, Brian and me waiting in the wings checking for the UPS driver, LOL :D

On another note, I would take your laptop where you have decent internet over the weekend and download all the files you need, then you can give it a whirl without having to deal with download issues.

Well I did manage to get the 2.17 build ruu zip downloaded last night, and same result as the other ruu zip, see pic:

5e3u5e8a.jpg

DS

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Well I did manage to get the 2.17 build ruu zip downloaded last night, and same result as the other ruu zip, see pic:

5e3u5e8a.jpg

DS

Hmm,that is peculiar. Its not happy with pg86img for some reason. I'd like to see you run it from fastboot.wed then have a better idea what check its failing.
-put pg86img into you fadtboot folder
-phone in fastboot,open cmd
-enter commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip pg86img.zip

If it fails with a preupdate error,run the flash zip command again(fastboot flash zip pg86img.zip) and it should finish

Copy/paste or report any errors :)

Upvote 0
Umm that is weird, I really don't know what else for you to try, I hope Scotty has other thoughts, it may be worth to ship it to Scotty and let him have a crack at it.
I'd want the satisfaction of fixing it myself if I were DS,but if you get fustrated with it,I'm certainty willing if you want to do this :)

Upvote 0
The reason why I suggested such, is because he is downloading all files from the Sprint 3G network tethering from his phone to his PC, hard to do things like that when you have an issue as such ;)

I'd want the satisfaction of fixing it myself if I were DS,but if you get fustrated with it,I'm certainty willing if you want to do this :)

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
Also, fastboot reboot-bootloader should get you out of that mode and back to regular fastboot

fastboot reboot will reboot the phone in the event it completes successfully

Alright, so far, after doing the fastboot flash zip pg86img.zip not letting me type any commands right now so obviously still busy. Around 7 minutes or so elapsed so far.

DS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones