[CDMA] Error code 1233

Last Updated:

1. Vivisectt

Vivisectt Member

After root whenever I attempt to download system updates frimware, profile or prl. I get the error code 1233 and wont let me download them. Am I the only one having this issue?

2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

it WILL not allow you to download any firmware updates. This is the point in time when you make the decision to either unroot so you can accept OTAs or keep root and never make a firmware check again. The Prl and profile updates will not cause this. this is the firmware checking for the update. So that is the answer. dont check for firmware updates
  3. z50king

z50king Well-Known Member

might as well ask here, thread has been made.

The firmware updates come from the devs right? and we install them with files from them? htc has never really impressed me with it's otas anyway
  4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

ok, so chose a rom you like, stock, odex, deodexed themed or what have you. back up all info before you flash and use tb, it works great. once you find a rom you like, that dev will release updates. you can flash those updates usually wiping only cache and dalvik cache unless otherwise stated and you will keep your data.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

No.. the update options you're looking at belong to Sprint/HTC, and they won't (shouldn't) work on a rooted phone. Run that at your own peril.
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Something is lost in translation.

Yes, once rooted get your updates only from devs.

Nandroid and backup (TB or MBR) because no one is perfect.
  7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I never seen error code 1233. You might want to call sprint (if you can, probably can use google voice) and ask them what it means.

Also, for general info: If you did just the S-OFF exploit and then rebooted without flashing the SU patch, the phone would try to check for new firmware and after about a minute, says no update found. I don't know if that is true if you flashed SU without updating, but it's my guess that Vivisectt was seeing that.
  8. Vivisectt

Vivisectt Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. Strangely the issue cleared up on its own, so my guess is that it was an issue on sprints end. possibly one of the towers was having trouble?
  9. tAIIC

tAIIC Active Member

It's happening on my EVO 3D now. Not rooted by the way. Must be something on Sprint side as you thought.