CDMA EvDo 'rev. 0'Support

Last Updated:

1. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Settings/About Phone/Network

My Hero 2.1 is still showing CDMA EvDo Rev. 0.

I wander what the all you conspiracy theorist will say about that? Mine is without/Google branding on the back cover.

So, I will conclude that this cannot be a software/firmware issue, and is actually a chip-set issue on the Hero circuit board. Any other ideas?

Advertisement
  2. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

It's a well known issue and purportedly the EvDO is mis-represented. Supposedly you are getting the higher speed and just the phone reports it as the slower variant.

No conspiracy... but I believe that to be hogwash! I have used SPEEDTEST over and over and can confirm I do not, have not EVER broken into the EvDO Rev.A bandwidth/speeds.

Anyway, just my $.02

Happy Trails!
    :cool:

3. cbarth3

cbarth3 Well-Known Member

I see the same thing with my non w/google branded unit. I put this question in the fresh rom forum on xda and this was flipz response

4. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Some people are reporting differences with the newest radio flashed from XDA.

5. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't believe I'm resurrecting this rather OLD THREAD, but WOW, the latest RUU flash that I did to version 2.31.651.7 made my Sprint Hero show 'REV A', FINALLY! Well, that only took a year to get this placebo fix resolved.