Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    andreaaxe likes this.
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Yup; I updated my sticky. Great news. And they confirmed something I never was completely sure about. If the ENG bootloader is leaked (and it was for the E3D), then all you need is an exploit that gives you a temp root shell, and then from there, you can flash the ENG bootloader and overwrite the original one.

So, we're actually in a really good position here with a full Evo 3D root. We may not need to wait for HTC after all. This phone looks to be rooted just like the Evo 4G (not the unrEVOked method).
    ceabbott2, ocnbrze and marctronixx like this.
  3. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Exactly, ive been watching over there and it has been a hassle, but if and i say if, we may be golden
  4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! esp on the July 4 holiday weekend!
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Bah, I took the OTA, though. Hopefully the OTA hasn't fixed the instability that they found and the possible root exploit works.
  6. novox77

From what I read, HTC has no knowledge of this hole, and therefore the OTA likely didn't close it. There's always a chance that it was accidentally closed, but odds of that are small.

So basically, the devs are keeping this hole a secret until the root exploit is developed.

Again, due to the instability of the hole, a root exploit might not be possible. But we can hope for the best.

P.S. for a while, I saw your username as jeROFLd, but I could never come up with any words that could stand for je and d.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. novox77

Didn't see this one get linked in the OP of the xda thread:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [WIP][S-OFF] Got Root!? 6/30

8. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Can't wait. <teeth gnashing> I am so missing root already. <white knuckles>
  10. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

heck yea.. same here.. :) so is there an OTA that is out? i havent updated since the first one came out..

edit.. just checked.. there is no updates.. in htc software..
  11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I guess I should learn about RUUs then, in the meantime. :)
  12. novox77

No, but people are speculating that once HTC learns of a possible root exploit, they may push out an OTA that might make unlocking the bootloader harder. At this point, we have to assume that despite what HTC promised, their current position with the E3D is that it remain locked until THEY are ready to unlock it, whenever that might be.

So, if you've already accepted the last OTA which brought the bootloader to 1.40, you can go back if you wish. I'll stay with 1.40 for now and only go back if it's necessary to apply a root exploit. Knowing that I CAN go back with the RUU is good enough for me.

But don't accept any more OTA updates, even if it promises to allow your E3D to grant you 3 wishes, even if one of those wishes is for an iPhone.
    thelonewizard and marctronixx like this.
  13. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

14. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

i wish i knew how to use twitter.. lol..
    Vanquished and Jceinc like this.
  15. DonB

register and follow, simple enough

marctronixx and Jceinc like this.
  16. DonB

I can't hold my pants up anymore, LOL

marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  17. EarlyMon

marctronixx and DonB like this.
  18. EarlyMon

marctronixx likes this.
  19. DonB

marctronixx likes this.
  20. falconey

falconey Well-Known Member

Yay!!!!!

So what will be the steps of applying this root once the rom is downloaded?
  21. EarlyMon

I suspect we'll see in tandem: root, s-off, install stock rooted rom - and somewhere in that mix - applying CWM or Amon Ra recovery or the like.

Show of hands - who wants to go down this path without recover? Not me.

DonB - so... that's a no-click on the credit link and more Courier? Not trying to be a font Nazi, but it's just a little hard to read on the mobile browser for me....
    DMonee89 likes this.
  22. deltatko

deltatko Well-Known Member

It took me 11 months to root my 4G and flash a ROM and I'm so mad I didn't do it sooner. This last week with the 3D has been a rough one, especially trying to get all of my stars back on Angy Birds :D
  23. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

im not a rooter.. im just part of the sheep and keep things stock. however this is pretty exciting news.. especially when it went from nothing this weekend to root imminent! yeah good job..
  24. DonB

I will not root without recovery option, and yes you can, LOL How is that now, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.