• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Cdma + lte

So I should call them up and argue with them? Idk if they can unthrottle someone

Its highly unlikely that they will un-throttle you...your 3G will be limited to 256kbps download/upload for the remaining period of the month.
This is the only way to combat abusers on Sprint's 3G/4G data network thats shared with among customers. Every customer deserves the same QoS experience, and the only way to keep the bandwidth usage at normal levels without saturating the airlink is to throttle users.

I know some Sprint markets are not monitoring QoS and you hear people bragging about using 10 to 15GB of data on their network...trust me these markets will start being monitored as more LTE markets and sites come online and the gaps fill in. It kills me when people rather use LTE instead of their home WiFi when they are in range of a much faster and stable connection.

Also you get what you pay for, VM offers 2.5GB of 4G/3G data usage per month per user, that is what is included within the plans starting at $35.00/month.

Upvote 0
Its highly unlikely that they will un-throttle you...your 3G will be limited to 256kbps download/upload for the remaining period of the month.
This is the only way to combat abusers on Sprint's 3G/4G data network thats shared with among customers. Every customer deserves the same QoS experience, and the only way to keep the bandwidth usage at normal levels without saturating the airlink is to throttle users.

I know some Sprint markets are not monitoring QoS and you hear people bragging about using 10 to 15GB of data on their network...trust me these markets will start being monitored as more LTE markets and sites come online and the gaps fill in. It kills me when people rather use LTE instead of their home WiFi when they are in range of a much faster and stable connection.

Also you get what you pay for, VM offers 2.5GB of 4G/3G data usage per month per user, that is what is included within the plans starting at $35.00/month.

Well first off I don't think I'm getting what I'm paying for, because when I signed up with VM it was UNLIMITED data, this then got thrown out for 3g and raised to $35 a month, then they said unlimited 4g data, so I say that's fair then when sprint finally starts updating its lines we get thrown under the bus with this "unlimited data", but throttled to 250 kbps bull, you can't watch a 3 minute video without waiting 5 minutes+. Cell companies can afford to provide unlimited data, but they would rather suck us out of every dollar they can. Look at the plans in europe virgin media for little over 30 bucks a month they get unlimited broadband, they have crazy unlimited data deals, and are extremely cheap. Said thing is Virgin Mobile didn't tell me I was getting throttled We get stuck with this, because of there being no competition. Anyways is there a way to bypass this throttling?

Upvote 0
Well first off I don't think I'm getting what I'm paying for, because when I signed up with VM it was UNLIMITED data, this then got thrown out for 3g and raised to $35 a month, then they said unlimited 4g data, so I say that's fair then when sprint finally starts updating its lines we get thrown under the bus with this "unlimited data", but throttled to 250 kbps bull, you can't watch a 3 minute video without waiting 5 minutes+. Cell companies can afford to provide unlimited data, but they would rather suck us out of every dollar they can. Look at the plans in europe virgin media for little over 30 bucks a month they get unlimited broadband, they have crazy unlimited data deals, and are extremely cheap. Said thing is Virgin Mobile didn't tell me I was getting throttled We get stuck with this, because of there being no competition. Anyways is there a way to bypass this throttling?

Technically you are getting unlimited data, its not like VM USA is completely shutting off your data connection when you go over there 2.5GB cap. I don't see anything under there terms of service where you get unlimited 4G data...data is data its just a matter of what technology your using to get that data delivered to you..i.e. LTE and 3G EV-DO. As far as getting around there throttling, no, this is monitored on their end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones