1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[CDMA] Phantom screen touches

1. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

My wife has my 3D and it has started going through a phantom touch wig out. You can set the phone down, watch it and it will all of a sudden register a touch, or if you are trying to do something it will register the touch somewhere else on the screen or even multiple points.

I am going to do a reset this weekend to see if that fixes the problem.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Could be a digitizer issue, I will find the thread for you so you can compare too, is her phone rooted ??
  3. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Yes Don, rooted with revolutionary and running Fresh.
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Too rule out the digitizer, I would first create a Nandroid, then I would wipe cache and dalvik, if it does it again after a reboot, then since you already have a Nandroid, then I would do a full wipe, then reboot and see if the problem persist, if it does, then I would take it one more step further and flash a different Rom and then see if it persist, if it does then most likely it is the Digitizer., report back But cache and dalvik would be a quick test that you could do now before trying thew other stuff.
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I wished that worked for me been dealing with my digitzer problem like 4 months now before root lol avoiding having it replaced via insurance just for fact they'll replace me with a 4g rather than 3d :/

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
    DonB likes this.
  6. Halotropia

Halotropia New Member

I found a way that is working for me. Some of you may have this option, some dont. Configuration > Development option > Force GPU renderization (mark it). Worked for me. :)
    toad6386 likes this.
  7. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

Mine did it just today, but I was able to stop it by turning the screen off/ then back on. I may have another bug, too, as my battery has been doing the big Hoover thing last day and a half, or so... But I'll keep this in mind. Thanks! :)
  8. DragonSlayer95

My way to stop it, beat the hell out of your screen.... It worked for me :D
  9. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Is that why you have a big dead spot on your touch screen?

It sounds like people are just having ghost problems. I thought halloween was over? :p
  10. DragonSlayer95

No lol I had dead spots before I started abusing the screen :D
  11. toad6386

Well... Tried all the above and still my screen wigs out :mad:. I found this video on youtube that completely covers how to replace the digitizer step by step, and after I found how much it would cost to have it done ($69), versus the <$15 on eBay... If I mess it up too badly, I could just commandeer my daughter's SGII, even though I don't really care for it...
  12. supermango

supermango Active Member

While I've had this issue before when I would try to touch one area and it would register a spot in a different area, I never had the issue when I set the phone down. It was only when I was touching it.

I figured it was the rom along with a combination of UI/touch that was making it act whacky. Before taking your phone apart and replacing the digitizer, I would recommend flashing a stable rom and see if you still have the problem.

I no longer have phantom touches on my current JB rom.
  13. toad6386

Whoops! Wrong post.