• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CDMA Phone

starr1048

Feb 15, 2011
Somewhere Out There
here's my question In Metro
i can bring in Most CDMA phone from other carrier
and pay like less them 20 bucks for metro to flash it
so i can use it on metro network
can Cricket do that too ?
I never seen a Cricket here in SF
where are they from ?
i wonder if i can take a vz iphone to metro and
have it flash and use it lol

here's my question In Metro
i can bring in Most CDMA phone from other carrier
and pay like less them 20 bucks for metro to flash it
so i can use it on metro network
can Cricket do that too ?
I never seen a Cricket here in SF
where are they from ?
i wonder if i can take a vz iphone to metro and
have it flash and use it lol
Reading your posts is like reading a poem because your lines are so short. Lol. Yes, you can have phones flashed to cricket. It usually costs like $60 to flash a smartphone around here (ohio). I thought about it, but don't really want to deal with the bugs and hassles. There are so many features on these phones that there is usually something that will screw up or not work.

Upvote 0
save all the hassle and buy a phone from where ever you goto

yes, most of the time things like text,MMS,Data wont work.

I'm hoping that with the move over to LTE by most companies we will soon be able to simply unlock and swap simcards like normal GSM phones, but that probably wont be something going on for a while.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the Verizon version of the Iphone, it may work, others will not because of the sim card. DO NOT have the Metro Store flash the phone because you will lose a lot of the features. Do some checking at the local stores that deal with different carriers and they may have someone who can flash it or send you to someone who can but it's probably going to cost about $65. (That's the price I've seen in New York and Florida anyways.) I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones