• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] PLEASE can someone clear things up for me

i have an htc evo 3d with

android 2.3.4,
sense 3.0,
and infected synergy rom 3dvo

Ive had this rom for quite sometime now and want to try something different, i want to try an ICS mod, but im unsure since i have gingerbread if i can just replace it with an ice cream sandwich mod. or do i have to update to ics? i cant figure out how to update to ics. im getting sdk tools now and downloaded d3rprom-ics-r250. is there a better rom someone would suggest? i know how to flash and root but how do i go about putting an ics rom on if i dont have ics?? or does it not matter?

Forgot to add If you choose to flash ics, I highly recommend d3rp or sosm (swagged out stock), also just flash ics like you would any other rom
how do i flash ics? where do i get it? i went to install d3rp rom and it says

E:cant open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(bad)

btw i didnt factory data reset. i will but i wanted to see if d3rp would work without. So.. if i flash ics will it be compatible with my synergy or will d3rp work once i flash ics? where do i get it?

EDIT: downloading your swagged out stock to see if that works. i think i need this ics though

Upvote 0
I'm using Virgin's version of the 3D, that came with ICS as the stock android, and I am able to flash to Gingerbread roms with no issues at all. I'd assume it'd work the same the other way around. Are you S-Off?

No I'm s on, which recovery are you using? You'll also need to refer to Evo v 4g ics roms rather than Evo 3d ics roms. You don't need stock ICS to flash an ics rom either. If I unroot I would be on gb. Also when you flash any rom not required but highly recommended to wipe everything except sd card.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
This is true but if you are gb not all ics roms will work. You couldn't flash stock Ics with ics build if you are gb. Well apparently you can dragonslayer! You're one of the lucky ones! :p

I can't tell you how many times I hear that since I've never had not one issue flashing any ics with s on and 1.5 lol

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones