• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Recovery, Kernels, ROMs and More for BoostMobile (10/16/14)

Tattooedgod

Android Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2012
New Hampshire
I'm going to help with the new to this world. Always remember to thank the creators for there hard work. Remember what you do to your phone is your choice your not being pressured. Thanks to all that have contributed. Will be updating as more becomes available. I am just compiling the info for people.

Disclaimer: Neither myself or the developers are responsible for any damage you do to your phone. If you are not familiar with these methods, I'd suggest that you do some research elsewhere to better understand before you attempt anything on your device.
Unlocking, Recovery, Kernels and ROMs:
Unlocking BootLoader:

• Unlocking ===> Here (To Get Started)
  • Unlocking the Bootloader MOTOROLA ===> Here
Recovery:

• CWM 6.0.4.6 ===> Here
  • CWM Swipe 6.0.4.7 (4.4 Bootloader Only) ===> Here
  • TWRP 2.6.3.1 ===> Here
  • TWRP 2.6.3.2 (4.4 Bootloader Only)===> Here
  • PhilZ Touch ===> Here
ROMs:

• (Team Osiris) Unoffical CM11 ===> Here
  • (Team-Osiris) Unofficial Baked ===> Here
  • Cyanogenmod 11 ==> Here
  • (UNOFFICIAL) LiquidSmooth 3.0 Beta ==> Here
  • EHNDROIX V 14.x.x ==> Here
  • PAC-man AIO ===> Here
  • Official SlimKat ===> Here
  • Codename Lungo ===> Here
  • C-RoM -4.4.2- -v6.x ===> Here
  • AOSPA+ 4.6 [Beta 5] Paranoid Android ===> Here
  • AOSB Project (ProBAM ROM) Unofficial 1.2.8 [HALO] ===> Here
  • Carbon ROM [UNOFFICIAL] ===> Here
  • MoKee OpenSource Project ===> Here
  • Illusion Rom ===> Here
  • The Lego Rom ===> Here
  • Tweaky One ROM v1.x ==> Here
  • OmniRom (Alpha) ===> Here
  • Firefox OS - B2G ===> Here
  • AnimeROM Beta ===> Here
  • CM PURITY ===> Here
  • (Official) CrDroid ===> Here
  • (Official) Gummy ===> Here
  • Paranoid SaberDroid | (REMIX) ===> Here
  • Codename Lungo ===> Here
  • (UNOFFICIAL) AOKP ===> Here

Kernels :

Stock:

• AeroKernel ===> Here
  • FauxKernel ===> Here

AOSP:

Other:

• Pink Kernel (compatible only with roms released after February 25) ===> Here
  • Render Kernel ===> Here

Apps and Themes:

I've tested these apps to make sure they work for Moto G before Posting.

• MiXplorer V4.4.6 (BEST File Manager I think at Least) ==> Here
  • OmniSwitch: Recent apps switcher for all KitKat ROMs ===> Here working app killer just put in system/priv-app then reboot DONT Install
  • Remove 'Unlocked Warning' message (We all HATE this Message) ===> Here
  • Sony Xperia Z2 Media Apps UPDATED ===> Here
  • {XPOSED}MotoGuide v1.0.7 - Remove carrier label, charging LED, DoubleTap2Wake ===> Here
  • [APP][4.4+] ONE.PLUS.ONE ( Cyanogenmod 11S) Camera / Gallery App ===> Here (What I use for system app replacement)
  • Nubia Camera Mod (Raw Camera) ===> Here (For The Real Camera Junky. I've just started messing around with.)

I'm haveing trouble getting to the Dir where SDK tools where installed. Running vista. Anyone help please

Is the issue navigating to the folder from the command prompt? Its usually easier to either:

Put the folder on C: so no need for 'cd user/document & settings/, etc'

Set up ADB in environment variables. This makes using ADB extremely easy.

[Guide] Setting up ADB [Windows] - xda-developers

I have mine setup like this:

C:\android\tools

This also makes adding it to the environmental variable extremely easy.

Reactions: sirmdrakem
Upvote 0
Although I've flashed several ROM's, I've never flashed a kernel before. I want to flash the "Pink Kernel" above. Instructions say to flash ROM again then flash kernel and I would assume flash gapps last.

Does manually wiping data, cash, and dalvik cash equal reflashing the ROM itself? I read that some kernels need the RAM cleared to install properly to avoid a bootloop scenario. So I want to be clear in this topic before I have a shiny paperweight in my hands.

Thanks for any and all info in advance...

Upvote 0
I have tried everything to root my moto g and cant figure out how I did it the first time... I have cwm installed but the root keeps f'in failing!

Bout to go insane lol

I rooted it before but had to restore to stock 4.3 after flashing cm11 failed which I then updated ota to KK. I did it all AGAIN including a failed cm11 install and here I am back at a root fail!

Upvote 0
I flashed PAC-MAN latest nightly and I get voice only..no data or mms..what could be wrong??

I dont know whats going on....but I had to go back to an old version....3-18 I think.

Every update after that data wouldnt work anymore. I have a Boost Moto G.

I am about to use something like Titanium backup...and just go to a different ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones