• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] {CDMA}[ROM][11/30/12][JB 4.1.2]MiuiAndroid 2.11.30 WIMAX

Will flashing this work with 1.58 hboot? If not, will it work with 1.5 s-on? I use 4ext recovery. I would just need the gingerbread RUU to downgrade right?

If you are s-on you won't be able to downgrade... Unfortunately it only works one way unless you are s-off :(

And to add to that, you also don't have to run the Ruu. You can (much more easily) just flash the base and/or hboot in under a minute ;)

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
Will flashing this work with 1.58 hboot? If not, will it work with 1.5 s-on? I use 4ext recovery. I would just need the gingerbread RUU to downgrade right?

Probably easier gaining s off via Brian's advice. But it does work on 1.5 s on, for me at least. Then again I'm one of the lucky ones that never have problems flashing ICS/JB without flashing extras :p

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Probably easier gaining s off via Brian's advice. But it does work on 1.5 s on, for me at least. Then again I'm one of the lucky ones that never have problems flashing ICS/JB without flashing extras :p

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Yes it will work on 1.5 s-on as dragonslayer said. But if you are already 1.58 s-on you won't be able to downgrade

Upvote 0
I have a few questions. Does 4G work? There's no toggle for it and even a toggle widget doesn't work.

Does the app WiFi tether work? I'm unsure of what settings to use. Originally, I set them to Generic ICS (I know this is JB, but that's the setting I've always been told to use). I also ticked Routing Fix but there's no option for MSS Clamping any more.

Lastly, I downloaded gapps in Goo and tried to flash in Goo but it sent me to 4Ext where that told me the zip was bad.

I really dig the look and fluidity of this ROM, but I need those things to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
I have a few questions. Does 4G work? There's no toggle for it and even a toggle widget doesn't work.

Does the app WiFi tether work? I'm unsure of what settings to use. Originally, I set them to Generic ICS (I know this is JB, but that's the setting I've always been told to use). I also ticked Routing Fix but there's no option for MSS Clamping any more.

Lastly, I downloaded gapps in Goo and tried to flash in Goo but it sent me to 4Ext where that told me the zip was bad.

I really dig the look and fluidity of this ROM, but I need those things to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have 4g in my area but I can upload a 4g toggle in a bit that I would use whenever I'm in a 4g area.

On to WiFi tether, there's been complaints, here and at xda of tethering being broken at the moment. Nothing we can fix until a future release stating that it works.

Did you download the gapps straight from goo or through the op? Might have got a bad download. Try a re download.

Upvote 0
http://db.tt/xB0yVIhr

That's the 4g toggle I use, give it a try.
I downloaded gapps straight through Goo. One thing I thought was odd is that the filename ends with ....zip.gooddownload (or something like that). Leaving the name as that, 4Ext wouldn't recognize the file, so I just deleted the crap after the .zip and it was recognized but found bad. I dunno. I just finished downloading a supergapps .zip that I'll try.

I'll check out the toggle (thank you, BTW!) tomorrow, as I have just flashed back to ICS so I could tether my laptop to write this.

Upvote 0

4G does work for this ROM the only thing that i could not get to work was the wifi tethering and the face book app.. but other then that i think this is a great app

Upvote 0
I'd be a bit sketchy using a different gapps than what the op has posted. Good luck with the different gapps though.

As I said earlier too, there has been reports of WiFi tethering not working. If you still can't get it going after getting the ROM set up, I can confirm USB tethering definitely works if you could use that instead.

I understand about the different gapps. Is it supposed to kick me to 4Ext, though? I thought Goo handled the whole flashing process.

Upvote 0
I understand about the different gapps. Is it supposed to kick me to 4Ext, though? I thought Goo handled the whole flashing process.

Oh no absolutely not. What is recommended, when you flash the rom through 4ext, using the same method flash gapps right after the rom flash.

Minus wiping everything of course.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Oh no absolutely not. What is recommended, when you flash the rom through 4ext, using the same method flash gapps right after the rom flash.

Yep I set up the whole process in the 4ext app..

If you choose install from sd card you can select the rom. Then choose select another file. Then pick gapps. You can add as many files as needed.
Then choose install now, and you can check the options to backup current rom and do a superwipe.

This automates everything. Once you hit go it will do the backup then wipe, then flash rom, then flash gapps. Then you're all set.

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0

If you choose install from sd card you can select the rom. Then choose select another file. Then pick gapps. You can add as many files as needed.
Then choose install now, and you can check the options to backup current rom and do a superwipe.

This automates everything. Once you hit go it will do the backup then wipe, then flash rom, then flash gapps. Then you're all set.

Really? Oh snap I've never flashed inside the app. Gotta try that next time lol always flashed manually in recovery :p

Upvote 0

Got it. I'm not new to flashing, just new to Goo. Is the file supposed to be named xxx.signed.zip.gooddownload? 4Ext won't recognize the file with the extension after the .zip, naturally. That's the file that Goo picks for me to download. Weird.

Upvote 0
Go sometimes has issues.

Got it. I'm not new to flashing, just new to Goo. Is the file supposed to be named xxx.signed.zip.gooddownload? 4Ext won't recognize the file with the extension after the .zip, naturally. That's the file that Goo picks for me to download. Weird.

Upvote 0
Really? Oh snap I've never flashed inside the app. Gotta try that next time lol always flashed manually in recovery :p

Haha!! Yes it's awesome, it just automates everything for you. Plus with titanium you can make a titanium zip to add to your flash that will automatically flash titanium. I like to add that to my list as well. The new update also lets you backup apps and data to a flashable zip as well so you can add that to your flash instead of installing titanium and then restoring everything, you can just restore in the flashing process!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones