• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] - Evo 3D CDMA - PAC [OFFICIAL]

Hope there are new icons once you have time and are settled

I did flash my old icons package and it worked ;) so if you have one laying around you can flash it, or I can upload. Although my package includes the 4.2 camera because I like that one! The icons changed but I didn't use any of the apps. Make a nandroid before flashing ;)

Upvote 0
OK, quick update, I have not installed all my apps, but a few things I just noticed quickly, the build still show Beta 18 and not 18B, it also had the Dec 11 date showing.

Now I did try the to record and it did record, then as I was recording I tried to zoom and it locked up and froze, hit the power button then it rebooted, so you guys can try that and see what it does for you.

OK will report back once I have the whole phone set up.

Reactions: cmbaughman
Upvote 0
Wow that's odd! So you were able to use video with no issue until you flashed SK? I will try too without. Can one of you guys give me a logcat? This way I'll know right where to begin. I'm already getting set up for another release so it would be awesome to get a super stable fix in there with new camera.
Sorry about the date thing guys this is because I haven't set up a variable in there to be replaced yet with the current date. I can see where this would get confusing though. I wonder if this is because of the way I did the kernel. If any of you want to try something please flash the current Buttered Toast kernel or your favorite kernel and let me know if it changes the video record? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1927837 is a link for the latest Buttered Toast with aroma. He did a nice job with that. I am wondering though if its the defconfig I used to compile I'll check that too. Please anyone that can post logcat to pastebin or something or if you flash a kernel let me know which and what happened and we'll take her from there. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
Wow that's odd! So you were able to use video with no issue until you flashed SK? I will try too without. Can one of you guys give me a logcat? This way I'll know right where to begin. I'm already getting set up for another release so it would be awesome to get a super stable fix in there with new camera.
Sorry about the date thing guys this is because I haven't set up a variable in there to be replaced yet with the current date. I can see where this would get confusing though. I wonder if this is because of the way I did the kernel. If any of you want to try something please flash the current Buttered Toast kernel or your favorite kernel and let me know if it changes the video record? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1927837 is a link for the latest Buttered Toast with aroma. He did a nice job with that. I am wondering though if its the defconfig I used to compile I'll check that too. Please anyone that can post logcat to pastebin or something or if you flash a kernel let me know which and what happened and we'll take her from there. Thanks guys!

I flashed SK gapps before I tried recording I haven't done anything different I was going to try zooming and report back to donb and thats when the reboots began lol. Oh and I need a crash course in logcat

PS. Doesn't this have the latest buttered toast kernel?

Upvote 0
This has a buttered toast that's a little too recent perhaps. See I pulled from his nightly bit I will go back to master and see if that fixes Bluetooth. I know that Chad and Bigwillyg have been making a good number of commits so let me see what I find and talk to them and see if I can get those 2 issues resolved. And BTW thank you for the logcats, now I can find exactly what's going on.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
NP, and FWIW, PA version worked fine on BT, so that might also help, the only issue once in a while on that Rom it when I would answer a call it would not transfer to the BT right away, it would delay about 3 to 4 sec, so sometimes I would be talking to myself before I realized I had to listen on the phone earpiece until it would transfer, but did not always do this.

FWIW also, on PA I had tested BT 14.1 and reverted back to 12.1 which is what came with the Rom, as the 14.1 gave me a few reboots, and did not help the video camera, so I went back to what was in stock.

I will post more today as I use my phone a little more during the day, and will also check it tonight, when I go play golf and test the GPS and report on that also, I don't see an issue, but you never know.

This has a buttered toast that's a little too recent perhaps. See I pulled from his nightly bit I will go back to master and see if that fixes Bluetooth. I know that Chad and Bigwillyg have been making a good number of commits so let me see what I find and talk to them and see if I can get those 2 issues resolved. And BTW thank you for the logcats, now I can find exactly what's going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones