[CDMA] S-OFF and SU done but Android Tether doesn't work ?

1. M5Rahul

M5Rahul Well-Known Member

I have S-OFF and SU flashed just fine. However, I cannot get Android WiFi Tether to work. Whenever I start it and click on 'Press to start tethering' ( SU permissions have been granted ) The following messages display: ( please excuse the grammar, spelling etc.. Im typing this on my old Dell X51v PDA :p)

Please wait while starting

Tethering has been granted Superuser Permissions

Tethering started with errors. Please see 'show log' for errors.

When I view the 'show log', everything says 'done' except:

'activating WiFi interface....
    failed'

Everything else : bcm4329.ko module, starting access-point, NAT rules, IP forwarding, and Tethering now running are all 'done' as opposed to 'fail'

My PDA, laptop, etc can see the SSID, but doesn't connect. :confused:

The download / upload stays at 0.0kB so obviously there is no data transmission.

Please help!!

What should I do ?

Advertisement
  2. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Well-Known Member

You should download Barnacle. I had the SAME exact issue you're experiencing, and I tried Barnacle, and it worked.
    M5Rahul likes this.
  3. M5Rahul

That worked like a charm!!!! You're a money saver :D

Thanks a mill!! :) :)

I wonder why Android WiFi Tether doesn't work though....:confused:
  4. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

We will need a modified kernel for wifi tether to work...

I can verify that on the mik rom my sprint hotspot is unlocked and working.
    novox77 likes this.
  5. M5Rahul

I will really appreciate if someone can direct me to the basics 'how to' of flashing ROMs on the 3D!!!
  6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

pretty open-ended question... download the ROM, which will be in flashable .zip format. Stick it somewhere on your sdcard. Go to recovery and flash .zip. Choose the file in the folder you saved it to in the sdcard.

That's it. recovery flashes the ROM. when done, reboot, and your phone will load the new OS.
    M5Rahul likes this.
  7. M5Rahul

What about the kernels ? Do these ROMs come packed with the required kernels and radios or do those need to be flashed seperately, and if so, are they flashed the same way as ROMs ?

Also, do I need to wipe data/factory reset, cache partition, and Dalvik cache ?

Thanks alot!!
  8. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Radios and kernels are optional flashes. And only cache and dalvik need to be wiped if flashing in recovery. If flashing in hboot which is where most radios get flashed no wiping is required
    M5Rahul likes this.
  9. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

10. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

11. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I prefer the modifies sprint hotspot, it seems to me to have better speeds
  12. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

You may be right but the one novo posted is pretty darned fast, at least for me. I guess it just depends, like everything else :)
  13. brandonpaz

brandonpaz Well-Known Member

I also checked this box, and I was able to connect via my TF, and obtain an IP, but I was not able to surf. Any suggestions?

PAz
  14. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member